Could this happen, pregnancy during miscarriage? adult content

My last period was Nov 24th. I tested on Dec 29 and it came back positive. We had sex that day through Dec 31 (so 3 days). The night of Dec 31st i started bleeding brownishy blood (old blood) and got heavy as each day past. I went to the doctors on Monday Jan 3rd. I got a blood test done and she say i had/having a miscarriage. She said my level was 10. I looked it up and people say that is positive. Is it possible to get pregnant when you are having a miscarriage. I read that a few people have had this happen to them. Is it common? O yeah and Between Dec 29-Jan 3 i took 5 pregnancy tests and all came back pregnant. I am just now starting to stop bleeding which was about 6 days of bleeding. I noticed that at the beginning of the bleeding it was blood with like mucus stuff. is that normal? One more thing. I dont know if its cuz i may have the hormone still in me but my nipples are really sore and red. well i think that i have asked enough. Thanks everyone that answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can pm me. I would be happy to talk with you.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You could have miscarried a twin.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• your HCG levels can be positive for upto 4 weeks after delivery OR abortion (aka miscarry)-- it takes your kidneys a while to filter out all the harmons
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It takes a bit for your body to return to a zero hcg level. You will continue to test positive until your level is at zero.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I miscarried the pregnancy before my son. 4 weeks before to the day of finding out I was 4 weeks 5 days pregnant with my son. It could happen.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 12:55 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• That happened to me when I miscarried a twin.
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 1:40 AM on Jan. 7, 2011