TTC Help!

TTC Help!
So we have been TTC since July of 2010... not too long but I'm still frustrated since we had no problem getting pregnant with our 2 y.o DD ... I am irregular cycle and do not ovulate every month.. I have been seen by a doctor and do not have any complications as far as we know right now.. i think that we're just not BD at the right times.. I bought a 20 day ovulation kit last night along with 3 pregnancy test and now i think we're going to BD every other day until it happens lol.. but I also purchased prenatal vitamins because someone told me to take them they help??? is this true? and if I', not pregnant will they hurt me with too much vitamins? thanks for the help! :)

Nichole71010

Asked by Nichole71010 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Sounds like you are doing everything you can. Prenatals are ok before even suggested by some. Just try not to stress too much ironically it complicates the process. Good luck. If you aren't charting as well I'd suggest that - fertilityfriend.com is great or tcoyf.com is wonderful too.
    mrs.red08

Answer by mrs.red08 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Pre-natals should be fine as long as you aren't taking other vitamins. Ask your doc if you are worried. Have you tried charting your cycle? You can usually pinpoint your ovulation days. The ovulation kits are good though. There is also some lube called Pre-Seed that they say helps the sperm swim better. Worth a try maybe!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 10:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Exercise, pre-natals, missionary with the pillow under neath you, lay there an extra 20 minutes, watch your diet, Buy a few books and read about mucus signs and changes in your cervix. It may sound gross but you can actually check yourself and note changes. BEST OF LUCK!!! Hope you have another addition to the family in 2011!!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• thank you all.. i didn't know about the lube... thanks for all the great tips..
    Nichole71010

Comment by Nichole71010 (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Carrots, bananas, figs, and pomegranates. As far as herbs Cumin and Dong Quai. Vitamin wise you need Vitamins C, E, B6, manganese, selenium,and zinc.

Men should get Vitamins E, B12, manganse, selenium, zinc and essential fatty acids. Fatty acids are found in seeds like pumpkin,sesame,sunflower, and linseed. You can also find them in nuts and oily fish such as tuna, mackrel, herring, and salmon. The EFA's make quality sperm with good mobility.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2011