Can you have a miscarriage even if you never tested positive? adult content

I have been bleeding everytime my dh and I have sex, first it was just a bit and, didn't last long. Thus time its way heavier, and everytime I go to the bathroom there's blood and whitish gray tissue looking clots. I tested yesterday and it was negative, my last period was Dec 13, and I o'd on the 25th.

wife_mother1790

Asked by wife_mother1790 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, if it happens before a HPT could pick it up.
    Anonymous

• Women miscarry without knowing they are pregnant all the time.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yes, women have miscarriages all the time and had no idea they were pregnant. I hope this is not the case. Good luck.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yeah it can. You could have had an egg that was fertilized and just did not get implanted properly.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• A home pregnancy test usually detects the hormone Hcg at a level of 50. You are considered pregnant if you are over 25. So yes, you could miscarry before you get a positive pregnancy test.

Of course, you're actually pregnant if your HCG level is over 0, but most women don't have any symptoms until they get that test. So you could also have a chemical pregnancy-- where you never knew you were pregnant, but you miscarry at a very early stage.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• wow, i didn't know that. good to know though.
    deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yes. It's estimated that up to 80% of all pregnancies are miscarried but most of those are early miscarriages that happen before the women could detect it on a pregnancy test.

Most women will get pregnant at least one time in their life time and miscarry without ever knowing they were pregnant. Most women just think they are having a heavy period that month.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• im with pp's
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2011