Peeing in the woods

We have a 4 yr old DD who loves to go on nature hikes through the woods with us, but she almost always needs a potty break while we are out, even if she goes potty right before we start. Problem is I'm not sure how to best make this happen. I have had he try to squat and she peed on her pants. DH held her under her knees and she peed on her foot. She kinda pees straight out almost like a boy would do. Any suggestions for peeing in the woods without a mess? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• This sounds so weird so I apologize in advance. But, I've heard of people carrying a funnel to pee in so you can guide the pee away.
    babiesandkids

Answer by babiesandkids at 10:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• lean on tree squat having tree holding her back up hold pants and pee
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You could buy a travel urinal for your hikes. And, yes, they make them for females! I learned this when I had to buy a travel urinal for my ex when he had surgery & couldn't get to the bathroom. The medical supply place had them for male and female. Honestly I had no clue! LOL. Had really never thought about it. But they don't cost much and would pack nicely in a backpack for your hikes.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Let me see if I can describe the way my mom used to hold me.... She held me with my back pressing into her stomach, my legs out in front of me and to the sides, her hands holding up my knees. Does that make sense? No legs or feet in the way of pee.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• bring a potty
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i would prob bring a paper cup... or the leaning against a tree works
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Don't bring a potty for goodness sakes!! She'll get the hang of it. I like this question, it's funny along with some of the answers!!
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 12:00 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I agree with Adelicious, We take our almost 4 y/o dd out in the woods alot and the way she describes it sounds like what we do. Have her squat with pants down, Stand behind her, grab her legs near her thigh area and pick her up. Make sure her legs are out of the way of the pee. It may take a little getting used to, but it works really well. Good luck!
    a_brown23

Answer by a_brown23 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2011