Nipple Percings... And breatfeeding later on

I am entertaining the idea of giving the girls a new look per say. I have one child now that is 2 and I would like to have another one day, but I am going to breast feed. If I got the right kind of ring I could just take it in and out when feeding, but will piercing them cause problems with feeding? I know the ducts are in the breast, and the milk comes out of the nipple, but will it get blocked up, or make it so the milk doesn't come out right? I don't know so I am hoping that a mom out there has had it done and could tell me...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have had mine done 4 times! Twice prior to my 1st daughter, once before my 2nd, and again 5mos before finding out I'm pregnant with #3! I was able to breastfeed with both babies. My doctor advised me to take them out aroung the 34th week to allow room for growing milk boobies and before feedings, but its safe and has no effect on the baby.
    conjetta03

Answer by conjetta03 at 8:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• It can block the ducts. if you are looking at another one and breast feeding then i would wait to get pierced. I know some females were asking about that and that is the answer i remember getting. i do not have mine pierced or anything but that is what i heard.
    firedragoneyes

Answer by firedragoneyes at 8:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Just remove the piercing while nursing so it doesn't pose a choking hazard. I know many girls who have it done and nursed just fine
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2008