How often do you visit your family?

My mom and sis live 10min away so I see them whenever

We visit SO's family, brothers, sister, grand parents and cousins, once every 4 months, they live an hour away. I would go more but I have school and being there throws off everything, especially my sleep because it's hard to go to sleep at other people's houses.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 11:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Travel

• now that we live 4hrs away, and school is in, we have to wait for a school-break, or long weekend. my parents aren't able to drive anywhere anymore, so if i don't go see them, i can't see them..because goodness knows, my two sisters (who live in the same town as my parents) aren't driving them to me!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Not often enough!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My family lives 3000 miles away, they moved from here. I havent been able to afford to go back to see them since my dads funeral in 01
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Twice a year for my parents a state away and it's been three years since I've seen my sisters in boston and Maine.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• we visit my husband's family every once in awhile they live about 20 min away. i see my family once a month to every other month
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Used to be once a year now it's more like once every 2 years. They live 3000 miles away.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• All of my Sisters live far away, I see one of them a couple times a year. My parents are both deceased, and no grandparents. On Hubby's side his family lives 2000+ miles away and we see them maybe once a yr. I plan to take our boys to see them in the Summer.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Our moms live in town and we see them at least a couple of times a month. they come to dinner and school functions, holidays.

2/3 of DH's sisters live over 3000 miles away. We see them every couple of years. It sucks but it is so expensive for us to take everyone there and they rarely can afford to come here.

I take the kids to see my great uncle in California once a year. He's 90 and amazing. He still has the energy to take my kids to the pool and endure us at dinner for a week. He was my favorite relative growing up and now he is one of the last that i have left.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• since i live over 1700 miles away, i visit every time i get enough money set aside and i call them every day
    m.riley

Answer by m.riley at 11:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• All of our family is at least 900 miles away. We visit with my parents every 5 months or so (they migrate so we see them when they travel) and we see everybody else once a year.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:08 AM on Jan. 7, 2011