OK I know this is a cheap way out (Redbox question) but...

I rented a movie from Redbox and lost it. I know they will charge me $25 after 25 days but if I cancel the debit card I used to get it and just asked my bank for another card will they still be able to find a way to charge me? Then if I ever get another Redbox movie with a new debit card I'd just use a different e-mail address...lol do you think that would work? I know I'm wrong..but just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Entertainment

• thats what I was thinking too fox, or people would be doing this all the time, and everybody would know you could do this,...lol. Im thinking when we all signed up for redbox that they asked us for banking info,,I could be wrong though. Did they just ask us for our debt info?
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Sure they will, you're using the same bank, it may be a new debit card but it's the same acct.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Honestly, you're better off in the end either finding the DVD or paying them the $ for it. Do you really want that on your conscience?
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• yeah it would work
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• well they have your name and card info so im guessing they probably could find you and it would probably cost a lot more than $25 if they decided that they wanted to.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Well you have to use a credit card, but you can use a Visa/Mastercard debit card you just can't run it as debit so I'm assuming they have more than just the debit card number which would change if I got a new card. They probably have the actual account number as well. I don't know, I'm just thinking I could be slick lol I'm going to tear up the house and find that DVD.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I do know that Netflix won't charge you if you cancel the card you use on your account (I learned this by accident when my card was stolen and I really did have to apply for a new one, Netflix put a hold on my account until I gave them my new card number) so that's what made me wonder if Netflix would do the same!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• theyll find u
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• LOL gumby, I think I'd still find a way to sleep at night. I also did say I was just curious, it was a thought that crossed my mind, and do plan on looking for the DVD!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Can't you buy the DVD for less than $25 through Red Box???
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2011