My moms doc found 2 lumps....

She has no history of breast lumps. I have had 2 surgeries to remove lumps, both benign. One was hyperplasia..but not cancer. She came home tonight, 5 hrs after her appointment, scared to death she has cancer. She got out of her appt, than went to the bar. I'm trying to ease her mind, and tell her things that my doctors have told me...for example, if it hurts when you touch it, it's most likely not cancer. Hers does hurt. She also has a lump in each breast, although the one on her right breast is bigger. Again, another reason for it to NOT be cancer. I'm actually scared for her, but I really want to help ease her anxiety, and keep her out of the bar. She is calling to schedule her ultrasound tomorrow. Any advise to other encouraging words I can tell her? She's had a VERY ROUGH few years and I'm afraid this is going to break her, literally. She's gone through rape, death of father, death of brother, caring for mother who's health is deteriorating....and now this. She was also out of a job for 2 years. She's facing her 90 day review anytime. She's under a lot of stress. Also, if anyone would care to pray, or send thoughts, healing vibes, anything...it would be very appreciated. Thanks so much!!!!

kaileymom79

Asked by kaileymom79 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Health

• I'm so sorry. I don't know what I would say to her. I've had some non-cancerous lumps too and I can understand how scary it can be. When I was going through that my husband's grandmother said something that brought me more comfort than what everyone else was saying. Everyone else was saying don't worry, it will be ok, it's not going to be cancer, it's not a big deal, etc. But his grandma told me it was ok to be afraid and that it is a scary thing to go through. Just knowing that I had someone who would listen and made me feel like my feelings were valid helped a lot. I will pray for her and for you.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 11:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Sending positive, BENIGN thoughts your way and your mom's way! I hope everything comes out okay!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'm so sorry! She's so fortunate to have you! You sound like a wonderful daughter! I will definetely say a silent prayer for your mom!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• OMG that poor lady...what a rough year indeed...sending lost of prayers.....Finding a lump is scary....I had a lump and was all freaked out and when you are older that feeling is worse. I went for the mammo a nervous wreck....in my case all was ok and I hope thats the case for your mother:) Try to be positve and keep her thinking it will be ok. That helped me as I waited for the test to be done. My lumpdid not hurt and i have never heard if it hurts it may not be cancer so guess good thing i did not know that....most lumpsare not cancer thats proven research don't know the exact number so things like that fact may help.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• All you can do is be there for her and support her any way you can. If that means just letting her yell at you for her to release stress then do it. My mother has stage 4 bladder cancer and she is already to far for them to do anything. She is an emotional wreck, so I do whatever I can for her. Even if it means humoring her on anything she thinks is important, even when it is not. Support and being there for her is the only way I can answer this concern. I hope it is nothing to worry about. I'll send positive vibes your way.
    bewitchedmom

Answer by bewitchedmom at 11:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Sending good healthing vibes/thoughts for your mom and you. She'll need your strength.  (((hugs)))

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I had a lump in mine awhile back. It was just calcium deposits or something and went away on its own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Thanks so much everyone! Bewitched mom, I will do the same for you, and your mom. I'm so sorry to hear that your mom has stage 4 bladder cancer. Hugs!!
    kaileymom79

Comment by kaileymom79 (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2011