I hate to cook, does anyone have any REAL easy recipes?

I just wasn't born with that good cooking/cleaning bug that all good women and wives should have.

I really hate cooking and cleaning. I am a neat freak so at least the house looks in order, it is just filled with some friendly dust bunnies, lol. I would love to have some very easy recipes, but I have a hard time finding them. I have a crockpot, but most recipes are even too much bother for that. If it has more than five ingredients and calls for any chopping or cutting then I am out. Of course it doesn't help matters that I am just too tired to do anything. I am a stay at home Mom which I wouldn't change for the world. If anyone can help I'm sure my loved ones would really appreciate it, and of course I would as well!!

Thank you!! : )

matteedannee

Asked by matteedannee at 8:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Food & Drink

• casseroles are your friend! :) LOL

I also use a lot of pre-cut stuff like pre-cooked meats, pre-cut veggies (normally frozen & thawed)
    Anonymous

• I'm kind of like you although I've been practicing. Crock pots are a BLESSING! Especially if you are not fond of cooking.
    Beef Stew:
    Potatoes cut into chunks (or canned)
    Carrots (the baby carrots work)
    Lima Beans (frozen is perfect)
    Golden Mushroom Soup
    Beef (stew meat is perfect)
    Onion cut into chunks (4 chunks per onion)
    2 Bay leaves

Throw it all in a crock pot, set on low, and cook for about 6 hours or so..........I usually let mine go until my SO comes home, so the time varies.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Thank you, I appreciate the response/advise!! : )

matteedannee

Answer by matteedannee at 8:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• What about pasta? If you can cook pasta right, then the rest is easy......

While pasta is boiling.....

In a lrg skillet fry up some ground beef or ground turkey (for a healthy subsatute)

salt,pepper and italian seasonings to taste ( about 1 ts of S&P, Tb of italian will do) before or while cooking.

Add: a pinch of chili flakes (if you want- it adds a slight kick) is good without also

Add: 1 jar of spaghetti sauce- your preferance

Add: Fresh spinach (1/2 a bag will do) they sell fresh spinach cut , washed and ready to eat, where you'll find pre packaged salads(most likely)

Keep stiring, spinach will wilt.

Add: 1 can of corn (whole curnels) stir...

Add: Pasta..stir

put in bowls!!!!!! Top with Parm, Or for a little more goumet sprinkly some CHEVE- its a creamy, mild goat cheese..........it's great!

good luck!
    Bonnie3108

Answer by Bonnie3108 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2008