Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How can i stop my sons father from harassing me

We are going through a custody battle and he is trying to take my son out of pure spite. We have a temperary court order and were going to court in a few weeks for the final. He is constantly breaking the rule and wont stop sending me text messages that are most of the time very rude and uncalled for. I have made many police reports and nothing !!!! Also I have no lawyer and no cah to get on

Answer Question

Asked by dd10 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Relationships

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Do what I did, have your cell number changed, get a house phone with caller id, and tell him you will call if there's an emergency with your child/children. Give him the house number, turn the ringer off when your child is with you, and only answer it if your child is with him. I also forward the house phone to my cell when I'm out, then he can still reach me but doesn't know it's forwarded, and you don't miss a call if your childs with him.

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

  • SAVE EVERYTHING!!! ALso there are lawyers out there can can do free consiltations to see if they will take your case. Don't be afriad to utilize gov't help. Call a woman's help/service line to see if they have contact numbers. There is stuff out there, just have to do the leg work to find it.

    Answer by bewitchedmom at 11:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

  • Much thanks for answering ladies.

    Comment by dd10 (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

  • I agree with bewitchedmom, save everything, a judge will not like that he is acting this way. However, DON'T make it so he can't contact you. That will make you look really bad and he could say that you are denying him access to the child (even though you know that is not what is going on, it could look like that). Text him and say he can call x time of day to talk to you son, other then that, please don't call or text.

    Answer by JLS2388 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

  • Save the text messages, and take them to court! File a restraining order...or ask the judge for one.

    Answer by salexander at 9:57 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

  • Document, document document. Save the texts. I knows its tuff but try not to argue. The judge will see he is unstable and will favor you. Believe me I went through it, if he gets out of hand harrassing you mcall the cops and file a complaint that will also help.

    Good Luck!

    Answer by 21lisa72 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

  • print out all messages from him ,you need to show the harrasement .Have limited contact if any at all.You make the rules dear no one else.

    Answer by grismelda at 2:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.