Prayers, spells, thoughts, symbols? what about family curses?

Out of all of these, which do you personally think work the best? Any stories you care to share? Do these work better when multiple people do them at once?

It doesn't matter what your beliefs are, I'm just curious to what works. Thanks!
ps: examples will help, and I want to know what to ask for. My mother is having a very very rough time, I asked another question a little bit ago....but for the last few years, her life has been horrific. Today the Gyn found a lump in each breast. Sometimes I think our family is cursed....nothing is ever just peaceful, there is always illness.

kaileymom79

Asked by kaileymom79 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Religious Debate

• My sympathies to your mother (and you). It was a rough year around here last year on that end.

I don't think there are curses, and I don't believe there's some secret combination of prayer/spells/etc. However, I do think there is validity to research that shows positive thoughts on your own alters your brain chemistry. Whether you do that through praying, chanting or just listening to something relaxing, I don't think the method is what matters. Is it enough to cure a disease? No. But I think it is enough to help boost your immune system and focus the way your body defends itself - you aren't wasting your energy on all the physical symptoms of stress, and it's free to focus.

My SIL had a very bad time of it - by the time she was diagnosed it had spread to her lymph nodes. When she calmed down and prayed and focused her energy, she had more good days than bad.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• First, stop feeding the curse by believing in it. This planet is really, really HARD to live on. Pollutants--provided by humans--have poisoned it. Everything we eat, drink or touch causes cancer and illness. The stupid people are breeding and creating more stupid people. There are humans who commit terrible acts against their fellow humans. The point of life IS to survive it. To get through your trials alive. Fate is no respecter of persons. Rich people get slammed. Newborns get slammed. The good and the bad get slammed. And luck comes in cycles. You make it through the bad luck and you get a little good luck. And prayer and faith don't do half as much good as getting off your duff and doing something. So, stand up and make the decision to do whatever you have to do to get past this. And you WILL!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I agree with NotPanicking. It all depends on how you feel comfortable channeling good thoughts, energy. What works for me may not work for the next person.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Honestly the one thing you didn't list works best, blessings. I've found that when I bless my family things go better, are handled better with more love and affection than otherwise.

When my first was born, she was three months early. A lot of magic was worked on her. But I knew she'd make it, I just knew. But daily blessing her, the staff and everyone else did so much good for me. I think I scared the nurses at first. I spent the first three weeks with tears running down but smiling when I saw her. It's hard to explain what all those tears meant.

It's not easy to bless. It's far easier to curse. But curses take a part of you with it and some become self perpetrating and self forfilling. I do believe family curse exist. A HS friend of mine, her last 3 generations are all husband-less, depressed, man haters, and she gave birth to a dd. She could break that curse but I know it can be transferred to her dd even if she does.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2011