breast pumps

what breast pump would you recommend? i'm just looking at them an i'm getting overwhelmed so i'm trying to narrow my search down to ones that mom's really love

Justins_mommy05

Asked by Justins_mommy05 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Medela Pump in Style
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It depends on what you need it for, really.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Any Medela pump will be good. I had the Harmony, which is a hand pump, and I loved it. If you pump a lot, like at work, the Pump In Style is the way to go. Medela flanges (that go on your breast) are the most comfortable ones I tried.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I work full time, and I travel quite a bit, so the Medela freesytyle was the right one for me. It's completely portable. I like the ones with the softcups, too-- not the hard plastic, and I also got several sets of them with the microwavable steam sanitizer bags. I had to pump at the hospital and used theirs-- the portable pump I had was just as good, if not better. Pricey, but I'd recommend you check out craiglist or other exchange site.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:06 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i use the medela in style! i Exclusively pump so i pmp 8-10 times a day! it has great suction and easy to clean! i have broken 3 other pumps in the last year my in style as lasted 4 months now and still going strong!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Medela is a good name brand but they have prob. with the hand pump. It's looses suction REALLY fast. Had it only 3 uses and stopped working :( And I read this before getting one but fig. I tried the Medela Symphony and it worked great so why not the hand pump? Not so much.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/breast-pumps/145/swing-breastpump

This is the one I used, if you look at it you can tell it is light weight, easy to transport, can run off of AA batteries as well as be plugged in.  It's perfect for home, at work, school, etc.  I used to do my 10 breaks and 30minute lunch in my car, kick the seat back and relax while I pumped. Bring a little cute cooler and I'd pump the next days supply and then some easily.

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:34 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Any Medela. Way better than any other brand. Worth the price.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I bought a Medela Pump In Style Advanced when my son was a baby. I pumped exclusively for him for 13 months and had no problems with it. 3.5 years later, I pulled it out again when I went back to work after my daugther was born. I've been using it almost a year with no problems. It's a great pump!
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 12:50 AM on Jan. 7, 2011