DAUGHTER GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL

ANYBODY HAVE AN IDEA ON WHAT KIND OF GRADUATION PARTY I COULD HAVE FOR MY DAUGHTER WHEN SHE GRADUATES HIGH SCHOOL IN JUNE 2011. IM JUST TRYING TO GET SOME IDEAS. WHERE I LIVE THEY HAVE A PLACE FOR PARTIES AND A SWIMMING POOL

19angie74

Asked by 19angie74 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Is it a surprise party? If not, I'd ask her what she'd like to have for activities, etc.
    Congrats, though!
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• my dd's friend rented a room from a restaurant. They had a band and pizza and they brought their guitar heros and the kids had a great time. My dd is graduating this year too, but there is no way I can afford a party like that, specially when she still needs a car,,lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I WANT IT TO BE A SURPRISE AND I ALSO WANTED TO COMBINE WITH BIRTHDAY WHICH IS JULY 14 PLUS SHE GOING TO COLLEGE
    19angie74

Comment by 19angie74 (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Have a bbq party with her friends and family, swimming, outdoor games, etc..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Because of who my kid is, we had a formal dress-up party --a dj, a dance, a candy buffet, a couple of performances for her (her dance company did a medley for her, there were speeches)...

My youngest didn't want anything, so that's what we did for her.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:15 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Do a separate graduation and birthday party.
    Honestly, the best graduation parties are ones with friends, family, food, and music. But I'd ask her first and unless she likes surprises - don't do a surprise party.
    And then do a friends only party for her birthday.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I'm in the same situation. I need to plan something and my daughter's only suggestion is "I don't know." I'm just thinking about friends and family in the church social hall or a barbeque at a park nearby. Too many other expenses coming up when she goes off to college to spend a ton on a party.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 2:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• PLZ have separate parties. After all, this is her graduation we're talking about. She deserves something special. If you can't afford the two, Then make the graduation special. It only happens once in a lifetime. (especially these days when so many quit!) Do you know any of her friends? can you contact them to see if they'd like to help you put something together. After all, they are in a generation all of their own! LOL As far as her birthday, keep it simple. Have best friend over to go to a water park or have a few friends over and make your own water park with the hose, Super Water Guns, water balloons, buckets...you get the idea. Then hot dogs & hamburgers after then the cake. Hope this helps. Check on line with Ask.com they may know of some things you can do for her that won't cost an arm and leg! LOL Hope this helps! Have fun!

WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 12:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2011