What do you ladies think?

So I'm having an "oops" baby the end of December. Unfortunately we've fallen into the trap that all of our names start with an "M" and the name that I like for a girl is Mara. It is a biblical name, it's the name that Naomi (from the book of Ruth) gave herself after her sons and husband died. The only thing I'm unsure of is that it means sadness. I don't know if it's something that this baby would be upset about later in life (even though he/she is an "oops" baby, We will be extremely happy to have him/her no matter what).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well, mary/maria/marian all mean bitter, and it is a really popular name. i wouldnt worry about the actual meaning. as for me im naming my baby asher if it is a boy, and it is short for asherat, and asherat was a goddess (it is also a biblical name). i like the name, and if u and ur man like it then it is all that matters.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• i honestly think your over thinking the name. i understand names have meaning, but because this baby wasn't plan and the name you want to give her just happen to mean sadness doesn't mean anything. if you like the name, give it to her. if you don't then don't. it's as simple as that.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 2:51 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• If you like the name then name your child that name the thing is though your kid may think about it later on and wonder why you did name them that. I named my daughter kaleia and found out it meant flower, so I guess I choose well. I do look at meanings though.
    armywifey6

Answer by armywifey6 at 3:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• i think she will be more upset that youre calling her an OOPS baby...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:21 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I think it's a very pretty name.
    ella_mom

Answer by ella_mom at 4:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2008