time of the month products

I was just looking at this website called Lunapads. And saw some divecup and moon cups. I have never heard of them but sound kinda cool.

What do you use and why? I use to use tampons cause they didnt feel like diapers. After having a baby (csection) I dont like to touch down there and insert anything in it (weird I know). So now I use ultra thin maxi pads.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 12:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Health

• I just use tampons, the Pearl Ones, sometimes I will use a pad but rarely
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:35 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Tampons hurt me any more, but I use them if I'm going out in public. I like Always Infinity pads, and for overnights I have to use a baby diaper anymore :(.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I LOVE my diva cup! It seems gross the first time you use it, but you get used to it very quickly. Tampons hurt me when I insert and take them out. I get horrible cramps from them as well. I cannot do the pad thing.. it just feels so uncomfortable to me! Try the Diva cup... sooo worth the money!
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 1:02 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• yeah i was randomly searching stuff on youtube and heard a gal talking about it. I have heard of instead before but worried that what if you laugh to hard and it slips out (just saying) and then you have a ton of blood to clean up.I think the Lunapads seem cool too.They are reuseable. I hate having to buy pads every month. Sometimes I dont have enough and have to use tissue which makes me go through more tissue. Ugh lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 1:57 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• You'd have to laugh pretty fantastically hard... there is a whole cup of muscles holding all your organs in that are in the way.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:16 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Diva cups are great, just awkward in public bathrooms.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:07 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• a friend said I would have to be comfortable with my body if I use these..lol Slippage of any type lets say I thought I put it in correctly but didnt. Ahhh!!!
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I love the menstrual cups - there are several brands. There used to be a group on CafeMom about them, I don't know if it's still around, called "The (.) Cup." If you search groups for "menstrual cup" or "diva cup" it should come up though!

Menstrual cups don't imbalance your moisture level like tampons do, plus of course they are more environmentally friendly (not made of bleached cotton; reusable), and you can leave them in for up to 12 hours, which is awsome. Also many many many mamas report milder cramps or even disappearance of cramps with a menstrual cup.

There are also reusable cloth pads available, and many mamas make their own.

Good luck finding something that works best for you! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• This is a good question. I've started hearing more about them recently and also was curious about the whole "oh my lord I put it in wrong and now it's leaking" question.
    DangerDarling

Answer by DangerDarling at 12:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• wow you can make reuseable pads? I gotta search that. I bleed heavier now becuase I have an IUD so wonder if it would (the cup) be good for me.

Yeah I didnt know if it was just me but soemtimes taking out the tampon (when i used them) would hurt cause I was dry lol Or when It was heavy I would soak it before 10 minutes lol Thanks for the info!!!
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011