Do you agree with this Democratic Congresswoman?

"This war [Afghanistan] represents an epic failure, a national embarrassment and a moral blight," Rep. Lynn Woolsey (D-CA)

Do you think they consider the morale of the deployed troops and their families when they say this sh*t?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• – collapse
    She doesn't mean ' morale ' which is what you are talking about . " Moral ' is a different word with a different meaning - check a good dictionary
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• What is an epic failure is that we whipped the whole world in four years in WWII but we have been being politically correct now for 10.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I'm not saying I agree with the statement, but people shouldn't just blindly support every decision involving troops so as not to hurt their morale. My husband was a soldier and he knew that there might be times when he didn't agree with a position he was put into to. And he certainly knew that not everyone would be supportive. There are always people on both sides.
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• No they don't consider the morale of the troops..I wonder if she was one of the SEVERAL dems that voted FOR this war and Iraq when it was "cool" to do that... (can't think of a word other than cool)
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• She doesn't mean ' morale ' which is what you are talking about . " Moral ' is a different word with a different meaning - check a good dictionary

No, you doofus.. Does she or  anyone else who agrees~ have the balls to say this to military members and their families faces? Do they even consider the families morale and those who are fighting over there when they open their f'n mouth? Moral and morale are 2 different things.....  Her words impact morale....  geeze...

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• wow janet. Do you have reading comprehension issues?

She is asking if the comment about the war being a MORAL blight affects the MORALE of the soldiers

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yea carpy... I think damnitjanet (sorry had to use the Rocky Horror reference) was so quick to try and "get me" she didn't take the time to watch the video, research the congresswoman, and attempt comprehend the question..... LOL.... foolish...
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I suport the troops even though I do not support the war, this has drug out far too long and for the wrong reasons
    firelites

Answer by firelites at 12:53 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I didn't even have to watch the video to understand what you were asking..

Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:00 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

Kinda makes ya glad she votes in Canada, doesn't it?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:12 AM on Jan. 7, 2011