my baby throws up everytime she dranks her forumla should i ask doctor to change it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yep! Doesn't hurt to ask at least. Changing worked for my daughter :)
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 12:36 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i have gave her the soy forumla for fussyness and gas and she des great with it so should i tell my doctor i have wic
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yea if you have WIC then your dr. will have to write you a prescription to take to the wic office with you. My DD is also on soy and my dr. had to give me a note inorder to get her formula changed to soy. Just tell your dr. that she does fine on soy.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Tell your doctor. Never hurts to try. I had the same problem with my now five year old but his problem was reflux so changing formula didn't help. If the formula you've been trying does help you then def ask the doc for a perscription because that's the only way wic will pay for it.
    mamasitax2

Answer by mamasitax2 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• ok
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• is it spit up or throw up?

It certainly doesn't hurt to ask. I thought my son was eating fine and he wasn't-- he got dehydrated and ended up with severe enough jaundice that he ended up in the NICU. Pediatricians are there for you kids-- so ask away!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:47 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• its throw up
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My son had the same problem. He kept down water, but not formula, we switched to the soy, and he was fine.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:15 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I think I would ask about switching formula also. My nephew had the same problem and it took a while to find the source, but it ended up that he was sensitive to regular formula. They ended up changing him to soy and that solved the problem.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:55 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Try relactating

Answer by rkoloms at 9:14 AM on Jan. 7, 2011