You all know Satan believes in God right?

Satan is obviously a believer in God.

So, tell me. Does belief in God therefore make someone good? Kind of a spin off.

(of course this only works if you believe Satan and God are true and real. If you don't, carry on)

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 12:42 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Yes I know that. Satan is the fallen angel. Got to thinking he was too good for his britches and God cast him out of heaven.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:50 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Actually, satan knows that God is real because he's seen God. So, he's not really a believer but a knower. But no, belief in God does not automatically make someone good. There is a lot of work that needs to be done after someone believes. We just don't have to do it alone.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would think that Satan wouldn't believe in God anymore than you'd believe in the postman... Satan would know God exists --no faith required, if you see what I mean.

It would be like believing in tables.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:11 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• yes Satan definatly believes God exists thats why he tries so hard to get us to reject him. he will do anything to get us to disbelieve in God. It's funny i've heard people say that God doesn't exist but when things go wrong who is the first person they blame, God, people can believe in God but it doesn't mean they love him and worship him, some think he's like santa clause someone who gives them everything they want, and then get mad at him when he doesn't. I will give God alot of credit he has alot more patience with us then we have with him.
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 4:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• what does satan gain by getting others to not believe in him? And if satan has more power than god...than who is truly the god?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:24 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Belief in God is one thing, choosing him as your Savior is another.
    I know you knew that.
    Anyway....Islam also knows of Jesus, some say " believe" in place of knowledge of Him. It does not however make them Christians.
    Satan doesn't simply want to make people " not believe" in God or Jesus. Satan wants many things. Satan does not have more power than God.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:48 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I doubt that if there is a Satan that he believes in God as true believers do- he may acknowledge God, but I doubt if he believes and has faith in him.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Haha, I don't believe in Satan, but I get what you mean. Belief in God doesn't necessarily make someone "good". Look at the WBC, look at the witch trials. There are many examples throughout history of believers doing not so good things. Even on a less dramatic level, we see there are Christians coming on here with hateful, cruel hearts, or we see some who say they believe but who don't show it in their actions/lives (drugs, promiscuity, etc).
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Bandgeek- I get what you are saying but do you think that WBC, the Witch Trials, etc... show a true understanding of God and his message- I guess it comes down to- people should not feel threatened when others use God against them or try to say if you are without God you are without good because in the end it is what you do with your beliefs- whatever they may be- that makes you a good person. You have to truly walk the walk in this life. I know its easy for me to say because I am not the one that constantly has to read or hear that I am bad for not believing in God-but really you all- ignore and consider the source: just as I need to be secure in my beliefs, everyone needs to be secure in theirs- don't let anyone tell you the type of person you are ;)
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:56 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• They are a set as far as I'm concerned. Which one a person chooses to follow is the key.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 10:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2011