Anyone have the WiiFit Plus?

Does it really work? I have a gym membership but no time to go. Is this a viable #2 option?

derosia_mama

Asked by derosia_mama at 2:14 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I have it and I will be honest with you I played it for 2 months straight and yes it does work but then it got boring really quick and i havent touched it in over a year :(
    NicholeMWalls

Answer by NicholeMWalls at 3:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have had it for a couple of weeks. Honestly, it's hard to say whether I recommend it or not because I don't know what you're looking for. For me, it's going to be an addition to my regular workouts, but not a replacement because it's not nearly hardcore or intense enough for my fitness level. It's better than sitting on the couch certainly, but it's pretty light for me. However, if you are a beginner or older than 50 or have bad knees or something, it might be worth looking into.
    Also, I don't have any other games than all the ones that came with it, so maybe you can buy games that are more intense than the ones included in the package, IDK.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Nope...although I'm getting the Kinect for Xbox....I'm not a "beginner" at working out....but I'm not an expert either. I'm also over 40 (barely, but I digress)...I tried some workout game for that Kinect and I felt it, big time!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I'd say make time to go to the gym. Iknow people who have Wii Fit, but no one seems to really stick with it.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:07 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We have the Wii Fit and no one uses it. I think it is a bit ridiculous to be honest.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I don't have it.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I haven't but i waaaannnt one so bad!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We have it - if you're looking for something entertaining to get your heart rate up just a little bit every day, or for entertainment that's a little more than just sitting on the couch, it's good. It'll get you up an moving instead of sitting. But if you're looking for an actual workout, not so much. The workouts are too slow and time consuming as you have to wait for the computer to catch up. A half hour of workout time takes up a whole hour of actual time :(
    TiffanieJohnson

Answer by TiffanieJohnson at 10:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• it's a good starting point
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2011