Does your washing machine ever shake so hard it worries you?

Like it seems as though it should be going through a wall or the floor or something, and the whole house is shaking with it?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:09 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• lol OP I experience that at least 5 times a week. I wash a lot of towels, sheets, pillows, etc and heavy stuff does that, even it you balanced it as best you could. Dh often jokes that we are "taking off" like in a plane. e once said when were in bed and the washer was going that it was like one of those hotel beds where you put the quarters in LOL
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• No, because I know that those little legs on the bottom screw up and down to level the washer, and that stops it from doing that... except when the load is unbalanced, which just needs to be adjusted to make it weigh about the same all the way around.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:13 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Mine does when I'm washing big blankets or a lot of towels, the sound is awful! I'm excited to get my new front-loader in a few weeks, wondering if it will do the same thing.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:00 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It sound like it's unbalanced. Check for that.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:12 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• some times if the clothes are off balance.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yeah... that's when I hop on top and enjoy the ride!!! LOL

No, seriously sounds like the load is unbalanced... open the top and pull some of the stuff out and shift it around a bit... that's should fix it ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• That means your washer is off center. I have to stop it and move the barrel around and re start it sometimes. It seems to happen more with larger loads. Try a little less clothing in it and see what happens.

Scuba, my frontloader does it too, but not as often.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• In my experience,this happens when the load is unbalanced. I open the lid,and even out the load by moving clothes around. Viola,problem solved!

If this doesn't do it,maybe the floor is a bit uneven beneath the washer -then the feet need to be adjusted. If there's not a 'balancer' on each leg to screw in or out, then you'll have to slide something in under the shorter leg (s)!.
    Good luck! :)
    ShapeofMyHeart

Answer by ShapeofMyHeart at 1:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yep you have to watch the barrel cause it can really throw it off center. I've had to re-position mine several times but I don't usually make a really big load of just towels....etc.....I only put so many in so the agitator can rotate as it goes along swishing the clothes around. I make it two loads and clothes, well that's a few loads a week right there.

My washer feels at times like it would take off and blast right out of the laundry rooms roof. The whole house shakes, rattles and rolls!

Maybe our washers were twins separated at birth!!!!!!!!! ( It's a KENMORE!! ) LOL
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:33 AM on Jan. 8, 2011