some kind of seperation anxiety?

my 9 month old ds, has been a mama's boy since day 1. just recently, about a week, everytime i, or anyone else, leaves the room he starts screaming hesterically. even if he's in the living room with all his toys playing and i walk into the hallway, that's right by the living room. then he's fine as soon as i walk back in. or if it's been a 10-15 minutes since someone held him he starts screaming, then when you pick him up he instantly stops. he's also, just got his first tooth about 2 weeks ago, could that have something to do with it?

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 3:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds to me like separation anxiety. My son is the same way. He just likes to be around people and is not to keen on being left alone.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• This is a normal part of child development. Use a sling, or other baby carrier.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• no slings...he hates them, plus i'm 5'1 and 110 when not prego, and being 4 months prego i'm not carrying around an extra 20lbs all day. i just let him cry it out until i'm done doing what i'm doing, i was just wondering if this was normal, my dd, 5 years, never acted like that. she was happy as can be in her swing or bouncy chair as long as the tv was on. my ds on the other hand, well, i guess he really is just a mama's boy! lol.
    nickellmomof2

Comment by nickellmomof2 (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Mine was the same way. I tried everything, but eventually I just got to where when he started screaming if I walked into the kitchen or the hallway that I didn't speak a word to him, did what I needed to do, and then came back in there.
    COWGIRLinPEARLs

Answer by COWGIRLinPEARLs at 11:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2011