In Memory Of...

We have a DD 2 y.o named Olivia Mae... My great grandmother had cancer and was dying I loved her very much and when I told her I was pregnant she was very excited for us. Our first choice of names were Lacie, Sophia, Kaylee, or Alivia.. I spoke with my grandma on the phone and told her my choices and she said Olivia was beautiful after her favorite actress Olivia de Havilland and she asked us to go with that name and spell it correctly and so I did. Olivia's middle name is Mae after my DH's grandmother who passed away. So her name is very special to us. Well here we are 2 years later and TTC #2 and have been going back a forth with names just for fun. My grandmother did just recently pass away and it was very hard on the whole family. Before she passed she kept asking my husband and I when we were going to have another beautiful baby. Well she didn't make it to see the next baby. I miss her very much and I guess she was listening to my husband and I ranting about our name choices lol... here is why... We are Italian and Catholic and when my grandma died she wanted the the Ave Maria to be sung at her funeral well due to the church having a few mistakes it was never played ... well I have been telling my husband I love the name Ava Marie and right when I said I loved the name Ava Marie, Ave Maria came on the radio.. it was just a sign it was my grandmothers favorite song so now I know if the next baby is a girl Ava Marie was just meant to be ... RIP Grams

NicholeMWalls

Asked by NicholeMWalls at 3:29 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Baby Names

• Such a great story, thanks for sharing! I love the name Olivia, it will be my next child's name if she's a girl. My FIL's middle name was Oliver and he passed away in 2008, so our second child will be named after him. I think Ava Marie is beautiful and it goes so nicely with your first daughter's name!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would just like to say that is a beautiful story and thanks for sharing! Love the name!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 6:01 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Ava and Oliva are very pretty names, and that is a great basis fro the names!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:31 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Sweet! I love it when people are concientious about WHY they choose the name, shows you put a lot of love and time into it.All three of my kids ave background with their names and love to hear their name stories. My stepson only gets to hear Jayden was trendy, thats why your mom picked. it
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Nice...
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Thank you every one! I love the name too! I know Ava is pretty common but I still love it and when I told my mother today we are TTC and if we have a girl Ava Marie will be her name and I told her the story she just went into tears of joy that I would honor my grandmother in that way. My grandma Lucy was a very special woman that I will never forget I just wish my DD Olivia got to know her a little better. Thank you all again <3
    NicholeMWalls

Comment by NicholeMWalls (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Very precious.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would definately take that as a sign and name my child Ava Maria.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• yes that is a nice name
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Wow so update with the "signs" My mom was shopping today for 50% off xmas decorations and she picked up a santa ornament and it was that last one that was a display and on the box someone wrote "To: Ava" with pen haha this is getting kinda freaky!
    NicholeMWalls

Comment by NicholeMWalls (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Jan. 9, 2011