For those who DO wear makeup regularly

What types do you use regularly (like foundation, eye shadow, etc.)? List favorite brands if you want to.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:29 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I put on an spf 15 lotion, some concealer around my eyes, eye liner, eye shadow and use an eyelash curler. I don`t like using mascara.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 4:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I don't wear foundation; but on my eyes my favorites are Estee Lauder or MAC. The best eyebrow pencil ever is Christian Dior, it blends beautifully. For lashes I like Loreal. I've tried a lot of the cosmetic counter brands, and Loreal works just as well or not better than any of them.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:42 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I used to wear Revlon mineral foundation. It was the only thing with good coverage, Neutregena concealer in the tube, Covergirl mascara lashblast because it had the lightest shade(brown) for my light skin and made really full lashes, Loreal mineral eyeliner, Loreal eyeshadow, Covergirl blush, Covergirl eyebrow pencil, and Loreal lipgloss or lipstick. Now I wear everything Bare Minerals and it's light and day difference. I've worn contacts for years and I didn't realize how bad makeup was irritating my eyes until I switched. I can literally rub Bare Minerals INTO my eye and not feel a thing. Plus is doesn't have any perfumey smells and its safe to sleep in. It's improved my skin's smoothness too.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:42 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I wear makeup most of the time, I wear cover girl powder as my foundation because honestly...its very affordable lol. I also have a new revlon compact from the hubby at xmas and I really like this one, its very light.

As for eye makeup..I tend to walk around the aisle and look for colors that grab me, whether it is revlon, mac, cover girl, redken etc. I go more for colors not brand with eyeshadows.

I wear revlon limp plumper lipstick that is nude a lot, as for lip colors...I go for red lipsticks and the best ones tend to be revlon. So for any lip stuff its revlon for me most of the time. I have some other lipsticks, but mostly revlon.

blush=cover girl because its cheap and I use a very small amount as it is.

mascara I use maybelline a lot because they have a lot of good mascara's that really make your lashes "pop" I have blue eyes ,I like to make them stand out so I like mascara's that really make your lashes stand out
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 5:58 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Primer, one for face one for eyes, both by Lorac. I mix my own mineral foundation now, though before I did I used Estee Lauder's mineral foundation or Laura Mercier's cream foundation depending on the look I was going for. Eye shadows more often than not I reach for my Lorac or Rock & Republic. Eyeliner I use the Sephora brand water-proof, or Lorac's liquid liner. My favorite blushes are my Dior and TheBalm. Illuminator by Lorac(the name 'Mary-Lou Manizer' just makes me want to use it every time I open my makeup bag) Lips are all over the place...Buxom, Makeup Forever, Kat VonD, Revlon. Mascara either Buxom or Lancome Definicils.

It's funny. I'm a total bargain shopper...until I go to buy makeup. It seems to be the one area where I can't resist the call of the brand.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 7:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• im not gonna lie sephora is my guilty pleasure its like being in makeup heaven! the makeup is pricey but so worth it! i must say im not too picky about which brands i use really if i like the product then i will purchase it. i used to buy from estee lauder alot their lipsticks are great! and chanel and clinique too that was a few years back but now that i am married with my kids i dont make a fuss about it unless i really want something , my husband is pretty good about letting me spend on makeup luckily for him i stay at home all the time so what used to last me a month now will last me a year! lol
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Covergirl exact eyelights, some black eyeliner, an eyelah curler. I not use alot of foundation but bare minerals if i do.
    Mom3Elizabeth

Answer by Mom3Elizabeth at 11:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I wear foundation ( I like Laura Mercier), eyeshadow (I use urban decay eye primer and then whatever I feel like wearing for shadow), eye liner (Just sephora brand), and mabelline lash stilletto Mascara. I also wear cream blush sometimes, and love sephora lip gloss.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Estee Lauder high end foundation
    Revlon Oil free foundation drug store brand
    The other foundations from drug stores make me break out and do not cover well or uneven color that shows pores.
    Mac is ok for eye liner and liquid but does not impress me for my eyes the best liquid is Estee Lauder. Mac is great for color coverage but other than that do not waste your money. There is a great liquid lip liner that makes your lips bigger that I found in a beauty supply store in a silver tube which is really small but I forgot the name.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I use mostly organic and natural makeup. Gabriel moisturizing liquid foundation is absolutely fantastic. I also use MyChelle cream foundation. 100% Pure blush. 100% Pure or Orglamix eyeshadow. Drugstore eyeliner and mascara. 100% Pure lipgloss.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2011