Stress relieving tips?

i'm a SAHM with 2 kids (5 and 9 months) and 4 months prego with #3. my baby is very clingy and never naps, wants constant attention and to be held. but my 5 year old is good playing on her own, and helps with the baby. my dh works the night shift so he sleeps all day then wakes up and goes to work, after the kids are asleep. i try to keep the house clean, but with my demanding baby it is so hard to keep up with. i cook, i clean, i take care of the kids all day, take my 5 year old to and from school (and help in her class 3 days a week) do the shopping with the kids. there are just some days that i am just so utterly exhausted and stressed out, what are some good ways i can just relax and unwind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• 9mo is a typical age to be completely freaked out by everyone on the planet who isn't mom. That clingy is normal. And since you probably need a nap, too, you could get one by lying down with the baby.

Get 'Mother Nurture' --it's an excellent book on the subject of making sure you do not get depleted on any day, no matter what... which is also what this article is about:

http://www.raisingparents.net/downloads/nanovacations.pdf
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:57 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• WOW! I think you're doing excellent! You made me tired just reading it! Do you have some support? I mean, family or friends? Maybe you can set something up with another mother where you switch off once a week to have a moment to yourself. Limit it to a couple of hours. That way if you need a nap, bubble bath & soft music to relax, or to take a walk, you won't feel rushed. as far as the clinging one, is there anything that facinates them. Like sitting on the floor with a bowl of water sitting in a bigger pan so it won't spill on the floor while you're cooking? Or putting toys on a sheet so you just grab the ends tie it up & put in corner so you're not doing a lot of bending. Getting talking books from the libray to keep their attention. just some ideas... hope it helps...
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 6:33 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Hot bubble bath, lock the door. I bring my laptop and watch a tv show to relax.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• While typical at 9 months, baby is going to have to learn to be without you a few minutes. If baby cries, baby cries. You cannot keep going like this or baby will be 2 doing the same thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2011