what is your most effective method of coping with stress?

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 3:42 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Health

• Like at the moment that I'm being stressed out, stress from one day, stress from one week, etc.? At the moment, I usually just find a place to smoke, maybe text a friend and/or listen to some music. For a day that's been stressful, I smoke a little more than usual sometimes (I've smoked over a pack on REALLY stressful days, like when my dad died, but that's been rare), grab a beer or two later at night, watch some TV and/or read a book. My husband calls it "brain melting" lol. When you just sit there and do basically nothing, like watch TV, play a game, etc. As far as really long term, like my life in general and not going suicidal anymore (I'm bipolar), my faith has helped a lot. Since I embraced my Pagan path with everything in me, I've never felt better about myself and life in general. So, for me, it's a combination of my faith and smaller ways of coping with at the moment kinds of stress.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Regular sleep, high-quality food, resting when tired and regular exercise. Oh, and taking a very existential viewpoint on practically everything: it's not about me, even when it has my name on it...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Go for a RUN! best medicine EVER!

:o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:48 AM on Jan. 7, 2011