im terrifired that im going to die....i need some answers ans some support....PLEASE!

With my daughter my water broke, I was so excited (dr already informed me she was sunny side up) I made it 17 hours before I got some medication in my are for a few hours and then at 21 hours decided on an epidural. My epidural stopped twice (they resituated it once and then redid it all together) I was in full blown labor on my right side and stuck at 6 cm for the last 8 hours. They finally called for a c section after 27.5 hours and I just bawled (I DIDN'T WANT ONE) Anyways because my epidural wasn't working properly I could feel the incision starting so they knocked me out (I still remember my dream...I thought I was dieing) I woke up when they were stapeling me and cried so they knocked me out again. I don't remember much but it was awful and the recovery worse. My daughter got a 1 on the APGAR scale because she had a faint heart beat but she wasn't breathing and was purple. After 3 min of oxygen she was fine. Anyways I have a different dr (same hospital) and a repeat c sec scheduled for Jan. 28th and I am FREAKING out. I am so scared that I am going to have the same experience on the table or worse that my son or I are going to DIE from this! Since i wasnt awake for my first one i feel like its my first time again. I've tried researching and talking to my dr but nothing is calming. When I read articles my fiest thought is what's the mortality percentage?? Oye. the way my mind works. I need advice, help, reassurance, something....a hug. Lol! TIA & sorry so long!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 5:38 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Take a deep breath. You are both going to be fine. Communication with your OB is extremely important. The first apgar is actually not important the 2nd and 3rd are the one's we care about the most (I work in L&D). I had a horrible first labor and delivery as well. DS was clinically dead his apgar's were 0, 1, and 1. He was sent to Chilrdren's within 15mins of birth. I had a heart attack 15mins before he was born. They had to finish the rest of the delivery. He is 7 yrs old now and completely fine.My 2nd delivery went fine no problems at all. I'm on my 3rd pregnancy now and my OB team is very caring and understanding of my concern's. We started talking about my labor for this one at 12wks. If you have concerns and worries talk to your OB now. Ask if you can pick your anesthesiologit ask them If I were your daughter who would you want me to use? They'll give you an answer.
    babyblue21

Answer by babyblue21 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• hugsTalk to your dr bout how the last one went. Could be they gave you the wrong type (for you) or insufficient amount of anestheia last time. It'll be ok and you'll have your new baby b4 you know it.

gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 8:06 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I agree with pp. Stay calm. My friend had a very bad csection her first time, she had high blood pressure and could never progress and almost died so they took her in for an emergency csection and she said before they knocked her out she felt them cutting her open and it was horrible. She just had her second son on December 2nd and it was another emergency csection but it actually turned out fine. Baby was 5 weeks premature but his lungs were fully developed and he had no issue and she had no issues as well. in fact she did better the second time around b/c she was up walking just hours later!
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 9:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• First of all QUIT tourching yourself and stop reading stuff....you need to calm down and try your hardest to think positive.. you have a different doctor now who is well aware of your first experince soooo he/she will know how to handle this now. you still have several weeks so try to enjoy what is left of the time abd get the necessary rest you need for you sons arrival ;).. It's easier said than done but for your son you need to stay stress free as possible.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• you're going to be fine. and so is your baby. from the sounds of it, you didn't really have that horrible of complications. well, not medical anyways. and every birth is dif. both mine were vag, but for ex of the dif, i was induced with my son, 2 days late,12.5 hours, epidural at 7 hours. with my 5 week old daughter, i was induced a day early from due day, and had her in only 2 hours, no epidural or anything!!! so they are dif. relax. you'll be fine. good luck!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Quickly, you need to get yourself a Doula and try for a VBAC.

Good Luck!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My dr has told me that vbac isn't a good idea for me. My son is large and the dr is pretty sure he wont fit and will get stuck like my daughter did. Is it wrong for me to wanna pick someone else to do my c section out of the simple fact that my dr doesn't make me feel comfortable enough?? Im 36 weeks so its kind of late in the game.
    randibosin

Comment by randibosin (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2011