should i change my hair?

I have very long hair that is deep red. I have always had long hair except for a couple times it was cut, for the military I shortened it once and when I was a kid. Both of those times it bothered me to tears, but some of that was also because it was just a boring cut and didn't look that great in my opinion. I don't like boring hair hence my blood red color and those were boring cuts. My husband has a favorite haircut on women, long in the front and short in the back, He loves that style. The pics I seen of it the women had it very shor tin the back and I could never d othat. I have been thinking about getting a new haircut to boost my own confidence and to surprise him because we've been married for years and he knows how I am about my long hair so it would be a real shocker to him and I think he would find it really hot. So I found a picture of a woman with long in the front, shor tin the back...except its not super short in the back, its more like medium length in the back with very long in the front and my hair is long enough that I could have medium length in the back with long in the front and it still look sorta "omg" not just a safe cut, plus I realized if I curled the back it would look even more drastic on some days so I could really change my whole look up. I am a little scared because I am one of those women that seems to never change her hairstyle and if I don't like it I will probably end up in tears looking in the mirror (petty I know) Yes this is partly because my husband loves this style and I do want to be as hot as possible for him, this is also because I feel like something new would be healthy for my confidence so its not JUST for him, but he has a large chunk of the reasoning. Do you think I should get over these weird hair fears and just go for it and change things up or stay safe and leave it as is?

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 5:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I had the same issue before, I had had super long hair since I was a preteen, I finally decided I needed a change for myself, so I went in and had half my hair cut off, yes I cried at first but then I loved it! I loved how much easier it was to take care of and how I could make my look different by doing different things with my hair after I got it cut. I think if you are really ready for a change then go for it! Its hair if you hate it it will grow back. Good luck and I hope if you do it you like it.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 6:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• last summer my hair was past my shoulders and it was really hot out so i cut it short dame i look good
    you can change your hair color as well
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 6:19 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• if you changed even just your haircolor that would a huge change in itself but if youre opting for the cut i say go for it! but always keep in mind that it might not turn out exactly how ur thinking , it could look absolutely amazing or it may leave you feeling like you shouldnt have did it. Either way change is good! Just make sure youre doing it for YOU in the first place , because even if ur hubby thinks its hot but u dont feel confident with it , its pointless. Youll be right back to square one but hell yeah get a new look. i had long hair down to my lower back i woke up one day and needed a change so i got it ALL cut off . almost had a heart attack afterwards but now looking back at it im so happy i did it. it felt so liberating knowing that i had very long hair since being a child and i was able to get over my fear of cutting it. Would i go that drastic again? probably not but if i did i would be ok with it.
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 6:29 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• its kinda weird, on one hand people might say I am really out their with my look because I have blood red hair, tattoos, piercings, gauged ears....and I can see how to some people that is extreme, but for me...its normal and I have had the same general look for a very , VERY long time. My hair is really long at this point..color wise I tend to stick with reds, I prefer reds and so the does the hubby, I might get some small streaks put in to make the hair cut more dynamic. Ultimately I do feel that a new look would be healthy for me and I just didn't come across any other styles that I thought fit my style. I like a couple that are even shorter, but I know I might freak out if I went that drastic and shortened lol.
    moki1984

Comment by moki1984 (original poster) at 7:08 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• If you go with the cut described, you really should get a color/highlights/lowlights at the same time, the color is what really makes a style pop. You have a more dramatic look with your tats etc. I would keep the hair simple and choose a cut that would showcase my best facial feature. Also I encourage you if you are considering such a change that you have not been happy with in the past that you choose a stylist that shares the look you are going for. Good Luck - sounds very exciting!

mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 8:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I ended up getting about 6 pictures of hairstyles I liked. It seems to be half of them align with this cut, the others align with a slightly differently style that would not require cutting off so much hair and would be more focused on lots of layers. I also think getting some type of highlights with either one would help.

I asked the hubby to find 3 pics of hairstyles online he thinks I will like or that would look good on me. Then Im gonna sit down and go over all of the pics and try to arrange them by favorite to least, the ones I am more comfy with versus more hesitant etc.
    moki1984

Comment by moki1984 (original poster) at 3:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2011