So how much fat is rice milk truly missing?

So today i finalized my decision and i'm gonna start giving her rice milk now and totally wean her to it when she's a year. I bought a can of Hypoallergenic non milk,soy or anything formula it's $20 for a tiny can enough to make 12 bottles.
It's horrid, i made one bottle for her to try in the car and she gagged and i tried it while driving, it i wasn't on the highway i wouldve pulled over and vomitted. It's horrid.
So rice milk it is. I'm just so worried about the lack of fat, b/c that's all the interenet talks about is the lack of fat not being good for babies. SO how bad is it lacking in fat? how much supplementation of fat does she need? and what types of things can i give her? Besides advocato i know that's one thing. Thanks.

MommaoflittleZ

Asked by MommaoflittleZ at 8:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is lactose intolerant and he drinks rice milk. He just loves it. You can even get it in chocolate. He eats soy cheese, and soy yogurt when we can get it. Avocado is a good food to give, so are different kind of nut butters (sunflower seed butter, or SunButter, is a good one for kids prone to allergies), whole grain pasta, various kinds of meat. If she is able to eat fish, that's something that is very nutritious and has lots of the good fats and oils. Good luck!

ToddlerBrain82

Answer by ToddlerBrain82 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I just wanted to add, come on over to my group, Funky Mamas of Toddlers, and see if you think you'll fit in. I bet you'll get a lot of good support there :)

ToddlerBrain82

Answer by ToddlerBrain82 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Calories wise it not missing but maybe 30 calories off of whole milk, but just add higher fat foods at a year and it'll be fine. Remember use higher fat good foods, like the avacado you mentioned.
    Heres a list for you of good high fat foods
    http://health.msn.com/nutrition/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=100216691&imageindex=1
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I wouldn't worry about not getting enough fat in the milk, just give good fat in other areas. My son is lactose intolerant, and from a year on, we've given him Organic Lactose Free Milk, as this is the only one that works for him, and I've tried every kind of milk out there including rice, soy, almond, oat, etc. His milk only comes in 1% so I was worried too, but his doctor said it was fine as long as I supplement the fat and calories in good ways with other good, nutricious foods. We do lots of beans, nuts, homemade granola, etc. Good luck.
    beautifulkellyd

Answer by beautifulkellyd at 4:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2008