Have you introduced your children/child to Art & Music?

Have you taken your children/child to a musum to see Michael Angelo's work of Art? Or to a musical play? Or are they just into computer & texting?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 6:03 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes! I am one of those "old-fashioned" moms who believes in kids getting copious amounts of fresh air and exercise, and because my children have high-functioning autism, they will not have gaming systems or text plans (heck they're not getting cell phones until they can pay for them themselves!!). I want/need to teach them social interaction/interpersonal skills and team sports. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:18 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Like I said, Lori, you are one awesome mom!!! I wish we could clone you! I'd be proud to have you as a mom! Those boys are blessed!

clapping

WalknWithGod

Comment by WalknWithGod (original poster) at 6:22 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I liked exposing my kids to lots of different things. They loved going to museums, and plays, libraries and art shows. We are fortunate to live in an area where we have a lot of opportunities for children. We have a Marine Science Center, where they treat injured turtles, birds and other wildlife. A thriving arts community with lots of activities for kids. On Friday there's a Go and Do section in our paper with lots of activities.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have. I am going to take him to the childrens museum and the MOST science museum when its warmer out.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 8:31 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My toddlers haven't been taken to any museums or anything of that nature. However, they have been greatly exposed to music. Music runs deep in both mine and DH's family. So whether at campouts, in the car, or at home they're always exposed to one kind of music or another.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:38 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We have one of the best museums in the country. They have a family fun center where every Sunday afternoon you can take your children to make a free work of art. My children love classical music, and my DD plays the violin. My older DD is an amazing artist, and my son plays the guitar. I cannot wait to see what my younger ones do.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:03 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My kids have been to the museums (art museum, natural history museum, etc.) since they were toddlers - it was a great place to go when it was cold or rainy! I've taken them to the local performance of the Lion King on stage, and they've been to the NC Symphony. I would love to take them to the ballet someday - that's next of the list!

Answer by missanc at 10:18 AM on Jan. 7, 2011