SAHM--does your SO/DH do house work also?

I was just curious because my little nephew said something to me,my SIL has stayed home with them since the first one was born 9yrs ago. and the younger one said mom does the loundry. I told him daddy knows how to do that too. he looked a little confused. so i was just curious if the others out there do the same.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• My husband knows how and if I ask him to help (like if were having big family get together etc) he will help do the deep cleaning and decluttering with me. Otherwise nope. I stay home. I do it all.

Answer by gemgem at 7:29 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Dh does whatever time permits him to around the house. He works long hours but when he is home he helps out. I do all of the laundry though because it is MASSIVE in our house. But I consider car maintence and paying bills part of housework too and he does all of that himself. I do about 90% of the kid stuff. It all balances I guess. I tie up the laundry, he takes it to the dump. He does most of the cooking though when he's home because that's like my little break lol. I make his lunch everyday for work and I also give him all of his haircuts lol.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:30 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My DH can, and will if it needs to be done and I can't do it for some reason - but generally I think it's my job to do the housework and the laundry. I feel horribly guilty if he has to do anything around the house but putter in the yard. Even with 5 kids, there is just no excuse for me not getting everything done. When I worked (for money, lol) I was responsible for keeping to deadlines and getting things done, it's no different now.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:50 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• he helps with laundry and dishes.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 8:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Nope I do everything so any time he has at home it can be spent leisurely.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:28 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yes - he helps out with whatever needs to be done, whether it's fixing the cars or fixing supper

Answer by missanc at 8:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• He takes out the trash and will sometimes clean the yard after the dog. But other than that no, all me.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I don't ask my DH to do much, but he will do somethings without me asking. Like yesterday he cleaned out the one closet and the day before that he cleaned the basement. I do ask him to do the cat box because I am pregnant right now and can't do it and he wont think to do it unless I ask him to, but that is all I really ask of him. I however wont let him wash dishes lol. I seen him wash dishes when he lived at home and he washed them in dirty water so no washing dishes for him lol. I also wont let him wash clothes because well he was trying to be nice and help me right after our second baby was born and he put his work clothes in with all our clothes including the babys clothes (he is a machanic) so ya the clothes turned gray lol. He can do anything else though lol. Oh and the only time I do ask for help is when he are having family over which is normally for birthdays. I been ASAHM for almost 6 years now
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• if you stay home all day and your DH is working all day to me I think a guy shouldn't have to do anything at home that is just my opionion though
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:47 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• DH hasn't touched the laundry in the year that we've lived here. He did the laundry maybe twice in the two years that we lived in the apartment. As for dishes he doesn't do them as much as I would like, but he does do them on occassion. When we were first together he was a cleaning machine, but after being taken care of and spoiled he soon gave up his respsonsibilities. I put my foot down when we moved here and he does the dishes twice a month. Again, not nearly as much as I would like, but for now I'm glad he does them at all. He will do a chore if I ask him to do it, but rarely does he initiate cleaning. He usually just complains about it as if I'm not doing MY job. :Rolls Eyes:
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2011