Restraining order??

i put a restraining order on my husband can i drop it i live in Ohio we are just separated i got one b/c of a bad fight but everything is fine now

it was a while ago and everything is fine now!! it was just a stupid fight

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• You might be able to but you really need to consider why you had to get one to begin with. If things were that bad, it may be best to keep apart for awhile longer.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 7:31 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It depends on the situation. Normally yes you can. However if there are any charges on the table a judge may have issues a secondary order saying he cannot have contact with you. If that is the case then you have to ask the DA to drop charges so that order is not there. I agree with the above poster though. You need to think about why you got it. Just because the problems arent there right now doesnt mean in a couple months whatever caused the restraining order and fight leading to it wont happen again. If you drop it and need one again later itll be harder to get.

Answer by gemgem at 7:33 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• You will have to go to the courthouse to drop it. Do not mention that you two are talking. This could cause you problems down the road if you need help again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• you really better strongly concider, this could be a "honeymoon pase" after a fight like that, take it from someone with ahistory. Once a man hits you once he hill again. I know you dont want to hear this now and he is probably sweet talking you. Maybe you are against the odds. I know it can be very hard and very scarey to break away but there is so much better out there for you. Think of your kids they should not grow up to see their mom get hit, if you cant do it for yourself do it for your kids. If you need help or advise olease write me I will try my best.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• restraining orders usually are not permanent ,check to see if it has expired.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2011