Oddest Interview Question You've Been Asked?

There was an article on Yahoo today about weird interview questions, what was your oddest question?

I used to ask candidates (both male and female) if they were a shoe what kind would they be. I wanted to see how creative they were, and how they saw themselves.

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 8:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• I was asked to role play a scenario. The interviewers pretended to be kids at a youth center. They threw things at me, yelled out, and one "kid" asked, My mommy says I am stupid...is my mommy wrong? Needless to say I just said excuse me and walked out of the interveiw.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:25 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I actually already had my job but I was offered a step up to a better office. That Departments Boss called me in to interview me to see if I was right for the position & he actually asked me "are you pregnant? Do you intend on getting Pregnant any time soon because I really don't want to hire someone who is here today then sick and out tomorrow? I hesitated because I thought "you are a total asshole" but I smiled & said Oh no not any time soon. He was an SOB but I really wanted the position. He was replaced months later! Thank Goodness. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet if you need/wan't a particular job even if what they are saying is totally illegal or just plain stupid. I got the position & stayed 13 years!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Can't recall but I dread interviews. Lol! Ive answered a question wrong in the past that I knew just out of being nervous. Lol ugh
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I was once asked what kind of animal I would be; I was shocked, because I thought that question was an urban myth. My response? Jack-a-lope!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• 'Are you a college football fan? How do you feel about the Georgia Bulldogs?' LMAO this was one of the only questions I was asked other then verifying what was on my app.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Did you travel far by subway? Isn't it dangerous?
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• can i see between your fingers and toes
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• lol..yes. it was at a club and they had a lot of previous employees that would bring drugs in..so they checked everyone.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I got asked how often I clean my house.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 9:12 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• The interviewer at a school told me about his education and background. Ha it was so odd .
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 7, 2011