apple juice in the bottle with formula and cereal, anyone do it or heard of someone doing it?

camo_chick86

Asked by camo_chick86 at 8:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No and babies don't need juice. If you give it to them water it down. Should never put cereal in a bottle either.
    Anonymous

• And that concludes our lesson on what NOT to do with an infant.

Anonymous

• Wouldn't adding apple juice to a milk product make it curdle?
    Anonymous

• oh no, thats yucky.
    AmFam5

Answer by AmFam5 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I give my little one apple juice watered down....1 once juice 2 onces water to help with constipation. I also put rice cereal in the formula, just a teaspoon in 4 to 5 onces of formula....well my husband tried it. And my doctor told me to do the juice thing. And so concludes the lesson of the day LOL And our baby hasn't had a major catastrophe from trying these things....

I have Dr Brown bottles and it makes level 4 nipples for, and I quote, "thicker liquids", as in cereal. For later on, like around 6 monthes when they are on cereal.

More mothers try this than they let on I think
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I do, I add about a half an ounce of juice to my cereal bottle or a jar of apples or pears, its the only way my kid will take it.....There is no right or wrong.......don't let others mothers make you feel bad for the way you do things, only you and your doctor and child know what is right....
    Anonymous

• my doc actually gave me the go ahead to add cereal in a bottle if need be. Not so much it wouldn't come out the hole though. and not for meal times. Apple juice and cereal in bottle is fine but it would be best if it was milk or formula and only once a day. Milk and juice together just sounds icky so I wouldn't try it.
    motherofzander

Answer by motherofzander at 10:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I've only heard of mothers who are ignorant doing this..
    Babies need nothing except breast milk.
    Clearly formula isn't cutting it if they want to substitute it for sugary juice and cereal that baby tummies aren't ready to digest.

Don't let other mothers make you feel like this is a good thing to do.. Not everything somebody else has tried should be attempted.. If I told you I threw darts past my child's head just to practice my aim, would you think I should be risking her health and safety like that?

If you want to conduct experiments, please, do it on anything but your children.

It's true- only your child knows what is right, and if your child could talk your child would say "please stop stuffing me full of crap that my tummy isn't ready for. All I need is your milk. Mommy PLEASE!!!!"
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 10:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• LOL I guess I'm supposed to feel bad not for feeding my child formula.
    Anonymous

• now*
    Anonymous