What do you do when your 7 yr. old starts to act like a teenager? (attitude wise)

OMG I can not handle this right now I feel like I am going to explode some mornings are great they go by so smoothly (somewhat) but this morning my dd is moving like a snail they were almost late for school yesterday bc of her slow butt...aarrggg!!! Well this morning I told her we are not going to be leaving later than usual shes like OK but yet she is eating so slow (breakfast) I tell her to hurry so she can go brush her teeth...shes like...I am eating (but with an atitude) then finally I caught her watching TV so I knew she was just sitting there not eating so I grab her bowl and dump it (she had ate enough) and told her to go brush her teeth we got to go...she gets up stomping and stops to get a glance at the tv I am watching her I finally yell out GO GET READY BRUSH YOUR TEETH!!!! She stomps off into the restroom and slams the door I go behind her but by then she had locked the door I ask her to open it and she starts to cry no monny no monny wah!!! I just told her to hurry up but Iwas already feeling pissed what can I do to help her not act this way I don't know where she picked this attitude from. I don't know what else to do can you imagine what kind of a teen she will be that is why I want to do something about NOW she is terrible, cries for everything and anything...ugh! Help! and thanks ladies for listening...venting...starting to feel alittle better after dropping them off at school....ugh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Take a deep breath! Your daughter is entering the wonderful world of puberty. You can't see the physical changes yet, but her body is being bombarded by hormones, that are creating new, and kind of scary, feelings.
    Talk to your daughter, explain what we called "crazy big girl hormones". Talk to her about the upcoming physical changes. If you feed her conventional milk and meet, she is very like to have her first period early than you did, perhaps at nine or ten.

There is a wonderful book called Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves by Naomi Aldort. You should be able to find it at your local library; learn more at www.naomialdort.com

Answer by rkoloms at 9:18 AM on Jan. 7, 2011