Do you really think little girls get an 'attitude' younger than boys?

I have a boy and a girl. I don;t remember my DS being this sassy at 2-3 years but then again he has Developmental Delays.... I heard girls are 'born with attitude' lol. Do you think this is true or are boys normally just as mouthy as girls at a young age? (yes we correct it but she is like 3 going on 13 mouth wise)

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• No - I think it's just dependent upon their personality. I was a laid back, easy going child always; my sister was the total opposite. Since my daughter was around 2 my mom has always told me my daughter has a "healthy dose of her Aunt Chris" lol She's 9 now and about to hit the tween years, so the sass is starting to rear it's head again but we did have a few calm years in there!

Answer by missanc at 10:10 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We have 3 boys, but we also have a lot of nieces, and from what I've seen they have all had attitudes since the day they were born. They also have children of their own now, and they too have the attitudes. They think it's cute, I think it's horrible. If you encourage the attitude, they grow up and have really bad ones,(like their Mothers) and they aren't so cute. JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:58 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Oh no we correct it! It is somewhat funny now but I am well aware of how not funny it will be in a few years if we don't knock it out. lol. My friends DD walks ALL over her.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Not at all. I don't think gender has anything to do with it. My son can get an "attitude" at times. Especially when he gets frustrated. We work through it fairly quickly and role play a new way to get his point across or deal with his frustrations in a more appropriate way.  My son is only four and when he is upset he can seemingly act like what we consider at teen attitude.  Hopefully we will be successful as a family in learning how to cope with that now so when he is older he has the skills to cope with those frustrations.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:03 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I really think it's different with each child depending upon their temperment and age. There were stages where my daughter was a lot mouthier than my son and vice versa.

Just to throw something into the mix, here's an article that may be interesting: Study Shows Mothers May Be More Critical of their Daughters. What do you think?
    Amigram

Answer by Amigram at 12:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Girls begin puberty before boys. The bombardment of hormones affects moods and behaviors. This is magnified in children who consume conventional (hormone filled) meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 12:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I agree, little boys are more into playing than turning and twisting your nerves. LOL
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011