Migraines

Does anyone else get migraines during their pregnancy?

ChanQ

Asked by ChanQ at 9:11 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had 3 to 5 migraines a month before getting pregnant so of course I was "blessed" with more during. I just try to drink TONS of water (sometimes so much that you'd think it would kill you). Also, keep lots of ice packs in the freezer. An ice pack on the migraine pain center in a hot shower seems to be the only thing that eases the pain.
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 2:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Are you drinking enough water, taking enough magnesium?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:19 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I do but i get them even when im not pregnant. There isnt much you can do about it. Try drinking some caffeine and laying down in a dark quiet room.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 9:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have just started drinking more normally. I eat fine but for the last 3 weeks I maybe have only had 1 1/2 bottles of water and 10 ounces of poweraide or something like that. yesterday i did 4 bottles of water and 1 glass of water and 1/2 a propel!! I feel much better!!
    ChanQ

Comment by ChanQ (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Jan. 7, 2011