i don't know what to do right now!

im having trouble with my 5 yr old. long story i have asked questions, u can go back read them. a little bit of the skinny though, he is destructive, rude, he yells, screams, hits kicks, punches, headbutts walls, cabinets, doors, anything really.
he is getting worse. noone will help me. i have a phone interview with the hospital phsyc for children and even with that he has to qualify. and then maybe a month or two before we actually get an appointment. im ready to hand him over to my mother. or anyone at this point.
he told me this morning he will do whatever he wants to and theres nothing i can so about it.
something has got to give, but it just isn't.
he had a 3 hour fit yesturday b/c i bought him a new book bag b/c his old one had a hole in the bottom of it. i bought it as a surprise.
then he had another 2 hour fit b/c they are putting in a new house next door and he thinks its HIS yard. even though i explained to him that it isn't our yard, they just let you play in it during the summer.
he refuses to use the toilet, refuses to listen to anything i have to say. has no regard for dangerous actions, like running through parking lots, down the street, he has even jumped out of my truck WHILE IT WAS MOVING!
and yet nothing! i have talked to the ped, i have talked to his teachers, he is half day kindergaren. and nothing...............

my question, has anyone handed their kid/s to there parent or relative b/c they couldn't handle them? its almost to that point, and i don't want to, but i might have to.

mama2bof2

Asked by mama2bof2 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Sounds like there is some hidden anger coming from somewhere. I would wait for the counseling before I would hand him over to
    anyone. Hang in there.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:25 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• What if everytime he throws a fit you get up and go to another room then he'll wonder where you are going and if he follows close the door and if he tries to open it just tell him mommy does not like the way you are treating mommy so until you can act like the way you want to be treated mommy will give you all of the attention...idk I hope this works GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have two boys 6, 5 and then a 3 year old little girl. My oldest is strong willed but he also knows who is in charge. Your son sounds like he is screaming for discipline. You need to set the rules and consequence for not following them and you HAVE to stick to them or you are going to lose your son, not physically but mentally he has no respect for you and it will only get worse. I would be happy to give you my advice if you want it, you can get control and have an awesome relationship with your son if you want it! All the best, Shannon
    shannon51778

Answer by shannon51778 at 9:31 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I believe when a parent has a child its their responsibility handing their child off just isnt an option I would consider. I would see if there was anything wrong with the child first and get into some therapy. If there was nothing wrong with the kid I would start taking some kind of parenting classes or read up on how to discipline effectivley.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have, in the past, told a child who acted this way that they were free to do so...alone. You can put him in his room or you can lock yourself in your bathroom, but you don't have to stand there and entertain his whims.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Two books that I reccomend for you. The Strong Willed Child, and Parenting isn't for Cowards. Both are written by Dr. James Dobson, a child psycologist. The books have helped me, big time.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 9:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My sis was having issue's with my niece and after visiting a doc and theripist we found out she was bio-polor and needed meds to control her moods and actions. I hope you find the help you need dear. By the way I had my sis record my nieces actions on camera so that she could show just what was happening when she did find the help needed.
    Suzie2mom

Answer by Suzie2mom at 10:03 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I think you can take a break and there is no shame in asking for some time off. Hire a babysitter for half a day and go do something that will help take the pressure off. Or have your parents take him for an overnight. However handing him over to someone else to raise is not ideal. If you have to go to a waiting list at the hospital, look around for a good child psychologist elsewhere. Can you get some referrals from your pediatrician. I believe the sooner you get some counseling, the better. A good psychologist should be able to give an accurate evaluation and give you some parenting strategies that will be successful.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• WOW, Sounds like Oppositional Difiant Disorder, I don't know your parenting style so let me tell you about mine. Some children are strong willed and you will need to be even stronger than they. What mean is Your going to need to be firm and do not sway the other way. EXample. Cleaning room, Joey tomorrow you will be cleaning your room. Tomorrow comes, you say Joey your rooms needs cleaning, Joey starts his little fit, ignore it! Joey in 5 minutes if your not in the room cleaning ti your going to lose ( what ever that is) Joey continues, with out another word, you follow through with that consequence. Allowing him to have his fit, what hes doing is fighting you and the fighting needs to stop, so be the parent set the rules and dont sway either way. Once he realizes you are no longer in the game of fighting with him, he'll stop. A child like this is no easy task, stay stern, be consistant. Who's the parent him or you?
    tamik981

Answer by tamik981 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2011