WYR Own or Rent

Sbrady8208

Asked by Sbrady8208 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in

• own
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Own. My mortgage payment is cheaper than most of the apartments in my area.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Own, definitely.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would rather own. We love that we know we will be living here and keeping the kids stable in one place. Not having to worry about rent going up or if the landlord wants to sell the place. The only downside is if something major breaks we are fixing it but its worth it.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Own. I like to know that my money is going toward something that is mine. When I was renting, I hated writing that check every month, because it felt like I was throwing my money away. With my mortgage, it almost makes me proud to write it out.
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 9:29 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Right now renting is the best for us because my school and then internships. We don't know where we'll be in the next couple of years.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Own. Most payments on a house loan are cheaper than rent.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:30 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I've done both. There are merits to both. One thing about renting is that none of those expensive repairs and replacements come out of your pocket. You also don't have to do all the maintenance outdoors. But ownership is nice because everything is YOURS. You can paint. You can knock down a wall. You can have a garden. You can have pets. You don't have to deal with neighbors sharing walls or stomping around above you all day, or complaining about your stomping....Ownership is less restrictive and more fun, but it's a lot of work too, and can be expensive at times.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:35 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would love to own but right now its not possible for us
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:38 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It can be scary owning a owning a home in this day and age especially if a spouse gets laid off. Renting might be a good option until a job is stable and save up for a good down payment on a home so that your mortgage payment can be low.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2011