has anyone had a phone suddenly lose the ability to make calls and send texts while still being able to receive them?

I have an at&t Samsung galaxy s phone (its an android phone) and I can no longer call anyone or send texts even though I have signal....and can still receive everything. I'm going to at&t later today, but I want to know if this has happened to anyone else....

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 9:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Technology

• Yes. It was a BlackBerry.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• make sure you're bill isn't past due.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My brother in law had the same phone and it did that. they said it just malfunctioned they had to replace it
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• no sometimes it just freezes all together and i can't do anything so i take out the battery and restart it!! Good luck
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 9:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• With my BlackBerry it happened after a software update. Some sort of bug or other. I was always having problems with that stupid phone.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I was worried about that...having to replace my phone. I just got it this past summer! And its not due to an unpaid bill...that happened once and I got a message telling me that my phone would be inactive until we paid the bill (and I couldn't receive calls or texts).
    art.diva

Comment by art.diva (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Not me but a friend of mine in Louisiana posted something about that same problem on Facebook yesterday.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• past due balance call them. That happens with Tmobile when the disconnect it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jan. 7, 2011