help me!! My dad gave money to get a new tv, I am looking at a 40 to 42 inch tv and am lost at what is a good tv!!!!

i don't under stand when they say stuff like

1080p or 60hz or 120hz

what is the best brand for my money $500

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Shopping

• Try calling best buy, I have no idea sorry. Bump.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• The numbers have to do with refresh rate and what we used to call pixels. Have them show you something with fast movement (sports or action movie) so you can see if the action blurs (slow refresh rate) Plasma has a richer (darker) color and more clarity, LED and LCD have come a long way. The higher the numbers the better the picture. you also need to pay attention to how many HDMI hook-ups (that's how you hook up BluRay and such for HD) When we were looking a trick one sales rep taught us is to look at the TV and walk from left to right, see how far you can go before you lose clarity. Not many of us watch from straight on.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 10:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We bought a Sharp Aquos at Best Buy I believe it was under $500 Toshiba is also another good tv brand
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Samsung, Sony, are good, as is LG. Go for HDTV vs. plasma, and 1080p for more clarity. Just check your fliers and shop around,you will find a deal this time of year!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I like cnet.com for reviews on electronics
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We got a Samsung 1080p & 60hz. LCD tv. You don't really need the 120hz unless you are going to be watching sports stuff with alot of fast action in it.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2011