How do you make macaroni salad?

Collegemommy910

Asked by Collegemommy910 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Perhaps I'm confused but at my house Pasta salad and macroni salad are two different things. My Macaroini salad starts with one box Ditalini macoroni ( little shorts pieces of straight macaroni tubes) , cooked as directed,. rinsed and drained with cold water.All the rest is to taste Finely chop yellow onion(1 med), Finely chop 4-6 hard boiled eggs, finely chop 2-3 ribs celery, finely chop 2-3 Kosher Dill pickles. Mix all in to pasts. I add 2-3 large serving spoons of mayonaisse. I want it moistened but not drowing in it. Add l;ots of fresh cracked pepper and about 2 teaspoons of Dill. Stir well, cover and put in the fridge overnight. This never tases as good the day you make it. It really needs to sit overnight for flavors to blend. BTW..this is exactly how I make Tuna sald...just use tuna insteadof Macaroni..and leave out the dill.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Check out allrecipes.com and type in mac salad. The great thing about this site is you can read the reviews and perfect the best recipe for your fams taste.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Tri colored pasta
    Red kidney beans
    black olives
    red onion
    cucumber
    Feta cheese
    a good Italian salad dressing (can be a lemon juice, parsley type dressing but I forget the other ingredien, so t I just use Italian LOL)

It's so good people always ask me to bring it in the summer ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• There really SO MANY different ways to make it. My DH likes a vinegar based macaroni salad, while i like mine with Mayo.

Here is a link to a ton of different recipes.

samurai_chica

• I use macoroni, eggs, celery, black olives, bacon, make a dressing out of mayo, mustard, sourcream, and season to taste. There is another good one with macoroni, gargonzola cheese, chicken, grapes and, a dressing made with those white cheese sauces like alfredo. My kids really love that one.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I just buy it in the box, pasta salad. Yummy.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 10:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• elbow mac. of course cook. Then onion1/2 or to taste as much as you want , mayo to taste, salt to taste, pepper to taste, 2 boiled eggs crush them. Mix all together. I like to let chill for 2 to 3 hours and then eat. Enjoy!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• anyone use pickles or olives?
    Collegemommy910

Comment by Collegemommy910 (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• You can even use 3 eggs if you want . This is always a family favorite.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2011