when should i start looking into daycare centers for my baby?

soon2bmmy

Asked by soon2bmmy at 10:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you know that daycare is going to happen for your little one begin looking asap. Visit many places. This is precious cargo they are looking after :)

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I started looking when I was about 3 months along. They tend to fill up quickly here and they have waiting lists.

I would start looking asap so that you can find the one you like the best and get on a waiting list if they have one.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Start looking right away. Even before you give birth. I like family daycare. In the providers home. Ours is amazing and wonderful. But people have told her they wanted a spot before they even started trying to get pregnant! They are only allowed to have a certain amount of kids at a time, so there is usually a waiting list.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Finding a good daycare centre is not easy. So start it asap. They usually accept children from 6-month-old. But if you can stay with your baby until 1 and half years it is the ideal. The toddlers start to talk and interact. Babies need loads of cuddle and 1 to 1 attention. Toddlers are quite fine playing together and learn stuff from each other. Actually I think 2 or 3 days are good for the toddlers to spend amongst other children without mummy. Don't send your kid for half a day. There isn't enough time to get used to the environment. And she can't settle. If you have to choose between 5 half days or 2 or 3 whole, better to choose the whole day option. Because your kid can pick up the nursery routine on those days. So she eat, sleep, do the nursery routine at the same time as the other children.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 10:56 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Start visiting places now. Make some notes, narrow down your list, and go back to your top choices. It sometimes takes a while to find one you like that has an openning when you need it. Also, it's easier to look around and ask questions while you're pregnant than it is later when you have a baby in tow.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:09 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• About a month before you return to work.

You may also want to explore doing a nanny-share.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• ASAP. Daycares usually have long waiting list especially when it comes to infants. They can only have so many infant for every one adult in the infant room, that's why daycare centers can't take in as many babies as they do other ages.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:48 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Now. With my youngest, I got on the waiting list at my daughter's daycare as soon as I found out I was pregnant, and he still only got in at 8 weeks old because they gave our family preference due to already having a child there.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 8:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Asap I run my own daycare and most parents don't start looking soon enough. They call and ask do you have any openings. No I don't Private in home daycare's can only have two kids under the age of two. Some have group daycare then they can have four kids under two. then the next question is when will you have openings. for me I won't have openings for another year and a half. We have called everywhere what are we supposed to do?
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 9:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• ASAP.
    ToraMay

Answer by ToraMay at 12:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011