Blessings?

How do you bless someone? I asked another question last night and she said it was easier to bless than curse.... I just don't know what blessing is. Is it a certain ritual?

kaileymom79

Asked by kaileymom79 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Blessings give protection. One I use is: "I am protected to the right of me, I am protected to the left of me, I am protected to the front of me, I am protected to the back of me. No harm shall come to me today. (Or I shall be blessed with money or whatever blessing you want to enact.)" It is a prayer or desire put out into the universe. A positive affirmation that is meant to draw good luck to you.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Well, what i do is i visualize that person in light & say a mantra over & over again like this "peace & harmony, peace & harmony, god grace _(name inserted)__ with peace & harmony". And keep saying it over and over again. I believe mantras work.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Ditto what WitchQueen said ... Blessings are protection. I write blessings of protection when a family member or friend is sick or going into the hospital. When I write them, I focus on the person I am writing it for and put that energy into the words I've written (paper or index card). Then I tie a ribbon of associating color to the paper and give it to the person.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Speak positive words rather than negative.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• A blessing can be as formal as laying hands on the person and speaking a specific blessing, or it can be just saying God bless you to someone that needs a little uplifting. The blessing is wishing God's grace and peace for the person in need.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 11:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I light candles to send out blessings for others. I wrap the candle with colored string and/or a stone or charm with colored ribbon and give it to the person needing a blessing.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• But pnwmom ... it's so much nicer than being in my own head ... LOL
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• AH SpiritedWitch.....you reminded me I need more ribbons....get out of my head LOL.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Everyone above is right. Blessings can be rituals, prayers, spells, laying on of hands, speaking positive words. But what sets blessings apart is that you will positive things for another person. Will in this case in heart, mind and body working as one towards one goal. I've layed hands on my daughters in blessing, most particularly my preemie when she was in NICU, willing her to get better, to have less pain, to have happiness and to grow. For me is was more than just positive thoughts but an actual transfer of energy from me to her, to envelope her in my love for her and life.

Do you pray for your children? Do you ask for them to be safe, learn and grow, to have hearts of love? If you do anything close to that you are already blessing them. Most people who bless find their own way to do so. It depends on the person on how they do it. Just let your heart be moved with an outpouring of love and you will find your way.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:43 AM on Jan. 8, 2011