Family curses.

If you believe in these, how would you break them? If ones family was always having reason to be worried due to health, and finances...everyone in the family. I can give specifics if needed.... I just want to know if there is anything that can be done, if it is infact a family curse. Thanks!

kaileymom79

Asked by kaileymom79 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I do believe in generational curses. I've encountered a few myself. My own family and in the families of friends. They can be broken. It doesn't matter if you are Christian or not. For me, it's been a lot of self work and healing to overcome the set patterns that my parents raised me with. I identified specific issues that were repeating in my life that was the same for my parents and am determined to change them. Anything that is negative or produces negativity can be transferred from generation to generation. It is those things that have to be changed in you, in the way you behave, with your family and everyone else and in the way your own children deal and view life. The goal is to walk in love and live with love. Do that and what ever curse exists is broken. Love extinguishes hate. That is eternal law.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:33 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Just remember that any curse only works if you believe in it. So start to believe more in God and pray to him to give you strength. You need the strength to fight back.

But remember some of us will always have bad health. My mom was one of these people, and she died at the age of 82. She had a long life but was very bitter and I think that made things worse.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:56 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• This is life. You have good luck and bad luck and humans tend to remember the bad luck more. Plus, there are some families that couldn't catch a break with a fishing net. Curses don't really work, unless you devote every breathing moment to keeping them going by believing in them. Otherwise, the muslims wouldn't be building their mosque on ground zero!! But this is my favorite curse-busting incantation: "Three times three. The curse you sent to me, I now send back to thee! Three times three, so shall it be. Let no innocents be harmed." Say it three times. Go outside and spit into a storm drain (to carry it away. The older version of this incantation says to spit into a river, but we don't have one very close.) Then stop believing. Let it go. Planet Earth is rough on humans and always has been. Concentrate on surviving. On getting through the bad luck til the good comes around again!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:58 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I believe there are great coincidences but not curses. I also believe that your mind is powerful and if you are worried about something and it is always on your mind you will inevitably bring it upon yourself. Sorry it may not be what you were looking for.

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yes, generational curses are real. The Bible even speaks of them. Health and financial problems can be generational curses, but so can substance abuse, sexual, physical, mental abuse. The best way I can think to break them is to pray, trust that God will give you what you need to break them, and then let God work His will in and through your life. I know this for a fact, because that is how I have broken many generational curses in my family.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My biggest issue is that I'm losing faith. I'm afraid to pray for faith, because I fear that God will make this life harder than it already is, by testing my faith, by making something worse come up...where I have no choice but to rely solely on him *if that makes any sense*

Actually it does make sense. The hardest part of being a christian turned atheist is that final step. It can be scary to give up on God. Start putting a little more faith in yourself. take charge for yourself. If it's health you are concerned about make a few changes see your doctor for regular check-ups. Stress-find ways to reduce the amount of stress in your life even if it means ignoring one of grannies "needs". If you can't keep up with grandma maybe it's time to consider assisted living or nursing homes. You can rely on faith to get you through the rough spots or you can let it go completely. A visit to...(cont)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• While family around me imploded with dysfunction that lead to bad decisions, lives full of anything but good, love and decency, I decided to use the mess I grew up in to become stronger and I used that strength to leave my family and it's negativity far behind me in order to make my own 'line'. My kids no nothing of hatred, anger, abuse and addiction. I decided on my own to break the 'curse', take charge of my own life and make a positive impact on future generations.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I completely agree with Witchqueen. Also to add, you need to BELIEVE the curse will be lifted. When you do the three times three, immediately release it, do not think on it again. But before you do it, visualize things working out for you, for your family. One thing at a time will start to sort out, it will take time. Again release it and forget it, do not doubt anything you have said or how you do it. The intent packs a powerful punch.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• your church to have a heart to heart with your preacher may renew your faith. I found it's better to be the change you want to see and take action for yourself. At any rate you do gotta take the good with the bad. Life happens. You are strong enough to deal with it, but you have got to believe that. God won't do it all for you you have to be pro-active.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i think if you believe in a curse or a superstition they tend to happen
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011