i'm 38 weeks and 3 days and ive been having strong contractions all week.. i am 2 cm and 75% effaced.. yesterday i started having these sharp pains right about my vagina and it shoots into my legs to where it cuts my breath and i have to stop walking.. anyone know whats going oN?

datgurlmeggy

Asked by datgurlmeggy at 10:57 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• LABOR!! Good luck
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 10:58 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Wow!!! Good Luck!!! God Bless!!! How far apart r the contractions! If they r 5 minutes then get to the hospital!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:02 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• The whole 5 minute apart rule is a joke. My contractions were weak and were 2-3 minutes apart and they sent me home. I was told not to come back until I can't walk, talk, or breathe through them. But yes honey you are in labor. Good Luck!!!
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• ummm, yeah, i would so totally go to the hosptial! lol. good luck mama!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would go to hospital since if in labor and wait to long to do you will not be able to have pain medicine if you choose to get medicine.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It dose sound like your having some contractions. But labor is going to feel a bit different, the contractions are going to envelope more of your midsection and really start to involve your entire body. If you feel like you need to go to the hospital or call your midwife now than do so, but if your more comfortable at home than stay and relax a bit more. Your going to need your strength. Good luck and congrats!

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 12:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2011