Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with diabetes please respond to this

I think I may have diabetes I have been feeling so thirsty and dehydrated latley yet I am urinating almost as much now as I did when I was pregnant I'm getting frequent bad headaches when I start to get hungry I feel dizzy and lightheaded if I don't eat immediatley and have been having tingling feelings in the toes and fingers also even if I eat breakfast if I go out afterwards and have something like cake or ice cream it gives me that light headed sick feeling until I eat a sandwich or something could this be diabetes or not Im kinda concerned about it


Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • You have many of the signs of diabetes. Get to your doctor and get tested for it.

    Answer by Aprilmorgans at 8:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

  • go to the doctor...

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

  • in response to the first reply I know I should go to a dr and I know you ladies can't say for sure its diabetes but I was wondering if the symptoms sounded like diabetes or not as I have no insurance and very little money to go running to the dr with something that may or may not be anything also if it sounds like diabetes I don't know how long I can wait on a dr as I would need to wait about a month before I would have the money to even do it

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

  • Ask your doc for a fasting blood test.

    Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

  • is that very expensive or something relatively cheap........well no dr is cheap lol

    Answer by one_white_rose at 9:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

  • Check with your local department of human services. There may be a free clinic in your area that takes patients w/o insurance. You can also call 866.469.8209 for a free One Touch Ultra mini meter [the same one I use daily] and then get test strips from a free clinic or samples from the internal medicine dept at your local hospital.

    Answer by Babylove76 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2008