Sister In Law Problem

Ok so my fiance and I have been together three years and have a 16 month old son. I get along with everyone in his family except one... His sister... She has this attitude about her where its like "i'm better than you".
For Example:
She is in town for her step sisters wedding, we were all having dinner at my father in laws home, and she was there talking about marriage and priests etc. And she looked right at me and stated "I wouldnt get married any other way. Being married by a priest means your marriage is real" (now my fiance and i are doing a JP wedding, her and her fiance a church wedding as is the step sister) Now I stay nice to her i never say anything in return, but she then turns to her dad and states "well daddy at least Jen and I did it right" (meaning married first then kids unlike my SO and I and his sister Jess who both had kids out of wedlock) Also for Christmas she asked everyone to send in pics of their families for a calendar for the parents. I sent her 20 of me, my so, and our son. I looked through the calendar, not one picture of me is in it. My so said im over reacting but ot me it shows that she doesnt consider me a part of the family...
My question is.. What would you do? am I overreacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I would be ticked about the calendar but since you aren't married yet, she could not want to put you in there in case it doesn't work out.

as for the rest, I would ignore her or have your SO say something.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Her step sister and her fiance were in the calander and so was her and her fiance
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I didn't realize that she wasn't married. Then HELL YES I would be pissed!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• yeah she also decided to plan her wedding the weekend after my so and mines little JP wedding in a different state so his parents wont be in town for ours
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Agreed! Id be pissed and def be talking to ger about it~ Are sis in laws a pain sometimes!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 11:29 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have sooooo been through this. At this point, it's very obvious your suspicions are confirmed. It's up to you what you want to do from here. I guarantee that if you keep showing up for get togethers where she is at, it will continue to go on. It got to the point for me where I told her that you know who we are and what we are about. I am sorry you feel the way you do about us. That's too bad. But this is who we are, and if you continue to belittle and bereate our family we will not be coming around anymore.

Set your boundaries and your limits.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• its not just me she does it to either, she does it to my so (her brother) and the rest of her siblings. I just want to look at her and be like YOU ARE NOT GODS GIFT TO THE WORLD SO GET OVER YOURSELF... I dont liek beign judged and its not like my SO and I had a baby and split, or anything we got engaged... i dont see why she hates me so much.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• She is evil and manipulative plain and simple. I agree you have to set boundaries now and stick to them or there will be no hope for the future with this one!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Well, first I'd ask for all my pictures back and say "I would like to have my pictures back, since you didn't use any of them anyway." Then I would tell her, that whether you like me or not, I'm not going anywhere, but I will no longer put up with your b.s. If you have a problem with me, maybe you should talk about it WITH ME instead of your passive aggressive shit talking to the entire family.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• sounds a lot like my SIL. she's probably insecure. Mine got jealous of the pictures I take. For petes sake, I come from a family of photographers, I've been taking pictures since I was 8. I HOPE I'm good at it!
    she hates spending 1.25 on some break mix, but she went out and spent 600 dollars on a camera to try and get the pictures I take. Sweetie, it didn't work.
    Do all you can to deal with her. In my case a lot of people realized her games and now I'll deal with her more than they will!

hopefully she'll grew up.
    Anonymous