6 weeks pregnant and not sleeping....

I was like this with my first. It is like as soon as I find out that I am pregnant, i don't sleep. I may sleep a couple hours a night. Why is this? Is it hormones?

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 11:30 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Good question. When I was pregnant with both of my girls, I could sleep 16 hours if let alone. With this pregnancy, I was lucky to fall asleep by 4-5am and wake up a few hours later. It was weird experiencing the exact opposite of what I went through the two previous times. Sort of how I guessed this baby would be a boy.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:50 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yes, it's hormones and everything else that's happening. Extreme fatigue and insomnia are both possible symptoms at that stage. (With my second I had both, at the same time...talk about annoying...)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2011