Who else has a toddler....

with a ten foot umbilical cord today? Colin is 2 and I really do not think he has been more than 10 feet away from me today and really for the last week! He wants to be snuggled and loved on constantly~!

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 11:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is almost 2 and I can't leave the room without her running after me but I know soon she will want nothing to do with me so I try and cherish the time we spend together while she is a snuggle bug. I have a 9 yr old son and a 6 yr old daughter and they mostly want to do their own thing. I know it can be annoying at times but try to cherish it....
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 1:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• No. Not really but since he has turned 3 he has been more clingy and wanting to spend more time with me. It does make it hard to do household chores and things.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 11:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I do!!!! Mine is being very needy and pushing buttons today!! I'm about to put him down for a nap just so I can get a break. LOL
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Mine does that too. It comes and goes. There are days that he wants me to carry him a lot or he wants to sit on my lap and have me hold him most of the day, and there are other days where he's a little more independent and wants to play on his own a lot and wants to do everything himself. I try to just go with it either way, but I have to have a little time to myself those days too--even if it's just to prepare our food and clean and do other chores. I try to remember that after hours of being like that it might be tiring that he seems so clingy now, but it won't be too long before he won't want to cuddle much at all.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My daughter (1) gets like that sometimes. She has a needy nature and can be really dependent and clingy sometimes. Not cool when you're trying to get things done, or generally just need some air. My oldest (2) wants cuddles now and then, but he isn't ever really clingy or needy. Unless he doesn't feel well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My DD (almost 2) is very clingy! She is always saying mommy mommy mommy all day long lol! I love hearing her little feet behind me when I am walking room to room. Such a happy and sweet feeling :) :) :)
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2011