Coffee Questions! Help my husband and I !! LOL

Help me win this with my hubby!!!
Okay, My hubby feels when I make coffee I make it too strong... I just follow the package 1 tbsp per 6 ounces of water....
He uses 3 tbsp per pot!!!!!! Our pot says it is a 12 cups of coffee!!

Do you just feel the pot up and add a certain amount or do you measure out the 1tbsp and the water ????

blessedw2girls

Asked by blessedw2girls at 9:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I just fill up the pot and add the coffee. If I make coffee, it's a full pot each time or I end up messing up my coffee LOL :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Too strong??? to me, it sounds too weak! lol I use one scoop for every cup! lol
    Anonymous

• I use a tablespoon for measuring. If I'm putting 10 cups of water into the pot, I use 5 tablespoons of coffee. If I fill up the pot with water up to 12 cups (a full pot in my coffe maker) I use 6 tablespoons. I like the strength that way. My husband says it's not strong enough for him, but still good.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Great News!Your Coffee Dilemma can Be solved by simply making the coffee to suit your own taste!If you prefer it a little stronger,try adding a half teaspoon or so per 2 cups(Or 3 Teaspoons per pot In addittion to your normal measuring method)If your husband prefers a less bold taste,simply measure less for his taste.If It is that the coffee is bitter(which can cause the coffee to taste stronger than it is)a tiny bit of salt will reduce the acidity in the coffee to provide a more mellow tasting coffee.I also have a 12 cup coffe maker.I hope this helps!Happy Brewing!
    mam1224

Answer by mam1224 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I don't have a regular coffee maker any more, but I would prefer it your way to his!! I hate weak, insipid coffee...I want mine to taste like, well, coffee! We have an espresso maker now, which I also use to make coffee, and I use the strongest setting on that.

My mom, she's been making it so long she doesn't barely look at how much she's pouring in, but it still tastes great! lol

For your dilemma, why not make your coffee the way you like it, and add hot water to your husband's cup so his is less strong? A lot of people at the coffee shops do this with shots of espresso.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2008